The iPod Touch and iPhone; Did they get the criticism that the iPad is getting?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wat., Feb 10, 2010.

1. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I'm curious if the same kind of criticism was floating around when the iPhone and iPod Touch first came out.

The iPad is getting a lot of negative press, and because I was pretty far from Apple news when the iPhone and iPod Touch first came out, I didn't pay any attention.

So, did they get negative press as well, despite turning into revolutionary products after their release?
  2. voLcoM¯

voLcoM¯ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Not really. I'm sure some people didn't LIKE it, but they realized it set the stage for really good phones that we have today. (Nexus, Droid, ect.)
  3. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

I don't think so. The main thing about the iPhone was the fully-functional touch screen and accelerometer, which had never been seen by the average person back in the day.
  4. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^Same with the iPod touch, but more so as an affordable portable media player with revolutionary features that would change the way people interacted with their mobile device. This is old stuff now, therefore the iPad is more heavily criticized because of its lack of features that could change the interaction between people and their media even more.
  5. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well, the iPoT and iPhone were true-blue revolutionary devices that changed the way we look at media players and smartphones respectively...

And after the hype has died down, the iPad seems to be a big disappointment eh... For all the expectation, the iPad certainly did not live up to what we were hoping it to be... Furthermore, with the upcoming Google tablet, looks like Apple's gonna have a tough fight on its hands soon!
  6. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Instead of getting out the Ipod Touch 4th gen (with microphone and camera), they got out a giant ridiculous ipod touch... makes me think to windows vista... CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHATS HAPPENING IN APPLE'S INDUSTRIES?!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why do people get like this when people criticize an apple product?
    SO BE IT

It really pisses me off that everybody has to be defending apple, why cant apple be criticized or get negative press

Its not like apple is your friend or something

I just cant stand the fact tha people put apple in a pedestal, and it has to be kind off like the lovable company that is always right

screw that!

sorry
    end of my rant
  8. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I AGREE maybe that apple stopped the 35 years on TV and Phones, but now theyre gettin freakin low

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'm sorry, but perhaps you weren't aware that the iPod touch line has (traditionally) been updated in September.

The reason that the iPad is getting so much negative publicity is because people were expecting another momentous, industry changing product with the iPad. And it just didn't happen that way.

However, the fact remains that it wasn't Apple that set the bar to high, it was the tech community. As a group, we made a product that wasn't even confirmed yet sound like the best thing since sliced bread.

It didn't work out that well.