The iPhoDroid Is Nigh...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewsMan, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsMan

NewsMan Banned

Through a userland jailbreak, soon the owners of iPhone 4's, 3GS' and maybe iPod touches will be able to run Android on their boring stock devices!

Fake Source

hint: link is fake, just like the website who published the original article
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Whoever wrote that article has no idea what they're talking about. He clearly says in his tweet 'for older devices'. Correct me if i'm wrong but the iPhone 4 is the newest iPhone apple has released so anything post iPhone 3G still will not work and its all bullsh*t

Please Register or Log in to view images

Spiritjb.org is not a reliable source.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Spiritjb.org is one of the most unreliable sources you can site.

I've removed the link, just because the amount of BS is insane. Seriously, the tweet said, "sure, why not

Please Register or Log in to view images

"

How is that 'proof?' I mean, come on. pod2g doesn't even work on the Android project.

Basically, this article says nothing more than this: Android will hopefully be coming to newer devices now, since they will be pwned4ever (however that goes).

Wow, this is something nobody new! /s
  4. NewsMan

NewsMan Banned

yes, but if you read on, there's w post by @pod2g
  5. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Just lock this thread please. No good to it.
  6. NewsMan

NewsMan Banned

hackers has successfully patched the iOS kernal to accept oversized NOR images to be able to install Andoid on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS through a userland iDroid installation.

What about this?
  7. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They are the words of the author of the article, not a dev. Which have come about by grossly misunderstanding every concept of the android project. The people that write on that site know as much, if not less, than we do on the subject. Whatever they say is either opinion or wrong, unless backed up by direct evidence from a dev.
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    That's the only thing that isn't purely based on speculation, taking things out of context, and stupidity in that article.

My advice is to get news from other places. There are plenty of very reliable and accurate Apple-related sites around the blogosphere.

As for their knowledge of the Android situation, well, I think they proved how reliable and intelligent they are with the rest of their article.

/thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.