The iPad is $500 toy, that's it. No real need for it, is there?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PojaPoja, Jun 4, 2010.

1. PojaPoja

PojaPoja New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As the title says, the iPad really isn't useful. I've read thread after thread in this forum, people trying to justify the iPad as useful gadget (bigger virtual piano!-give me a break), being able to read E-Books (hey, for $500 you can buy a laptop which does that and ten million other things), and silly apps.

So essentially, can anyone here find an actual VALID reason for buying an iPad other than having a spare $500 and wanting to be praised for being on top of new gadgets? The iPhone is useful, the iPod touch is also pretty useful (web browsing is amazing), but the iPad??? $500 for the ULTIMATE web browsing experience? The damn thing doesn't even have flash.

I think Apple's marketing department deserves a $1,000,000 bonus, and hormone driven juicy cheerleaders for a year.

And that's that.
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You need to use the device to actually see it's capabilities, reading threads won't help you. Don't knock it till you've tried it.
  3. PojaPoja

PojaPoja New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You still haven't really answered my question. Apart from being shiny, and the wow effect you get from trying it out at a Best Buy (I have done it), it loses its novelty after 15 mins. So, what pressing need is there to buy an iPad?
  4. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It loses nothing after 15 minutes for me, I have used my mom's over and over, and just the ease of use makes it amazing, I can use the internet so easily, and just checking things is so easy. I'm going to get mine for college since it's small and starts up quickly, and lasts a long time, which is what I need for college, so I guess you could call it a novelty item, for my mom, it's her book writing, she always uses it for that.
  5. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Get one, jailbreak and just watch the beauty of it...
  6. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I totally agree with Pojapoja, he makes his point and I truly think the ipad is a caprice
  7. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    They've already sold 2 million, you don't get those kind of numbers from just a 'marketing department'. They must be doing something right.
  8. PojaPoja

PojaPoja New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So far, you people still haven't really answered, and I think its funny because it's almost as if you KNOW there's no real reason, but you still want it anyway. That's the magic of marketing, I think it's amazing.

What could you possibly use it for college? How can you justify spending $500 on the iPad instead of a LAPTOP which would obviously come in handy? You use your mother's over and over FOR WHAT? Internet browsing? You could do that with anything else...

"Get one, jailbreak and just watch the beauty of it..." I have a jailbroken iPod touch...and I use it pretty much always, it seems useful, portable, etc. I'm not saying the iPad is not remarkable tech-wise, it just seems useless. Impossible to justify forking out $500 for this instead of something else.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I'm sure Britney Spears has sold a huge amount of records, and her music is far from great. Marketing?

Avatar is #1 box-office hit, and it certainly isn't a masterpiece. Marketing?

Of course its marketing...and the fact that no one has yet to answer PROPERLY, just proves my point.
  9. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    best toy i've ever had
  10. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Don't buy it then. Quit b*tching.