The Installer team should work on...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by gadgetsboyj, Mar 29, 2008.

1. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

I think that the Installer team should work on a few things. The first is a new way to have apps show up on the home screen. When Apple demoed the AppStore, the apps would pop up on the home screen just like WebApps. There is no re-springing involved. The next is a letter guide on the right like while in the song view in Music. And the last is a search function. But not just an ordinary search. A spotlight search would be awesome!
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The only thing im really hoping for is an alphabetic search thing at the side like in the music app, that would make life a lot easier.
  3. shuffle

shuffle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Searching, less freezing, download speeds, preview for themes, more organized categories (I know that this is partially the repo owners and installer devs)

oh, and I want the ability to ignore an update (for example, if a repo has an old version of an app you have)
  4. Prabz

Prabz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i also wish sources didnt refresh rite after u add them in

cuz its a real pain when u jailbreak ur ipod and have to re add each source
    and u have to wait till each one refreshed a real apin
  5. jimbodude

jimbodude Member

Just turn wifi off when adding sources, thats what i do if i plan to add more than 1 or 2 sources
  6. jizkidjnr

jizkidjnr New Member

For me, installer is a good program, but there is a LONG way to go. Here's my list...

Revise the update feature, allow only the NEWEST versions even if they're in other repos

Allow to EDIT repo URLs, so when u type 1 character wrong it doesn't have to refresh, u delete the source, it refreshes again, you add a new source and it refreshes once more.

Allow MASS deletion of sources

An alphabet slider for much quicker scrolling down the ALL PACKAGES tab

Selective refreshing (ie only refresh certain sources not ALL)

Quicker refreshing

SEARCH

A constant progress bar

With all them fixed, installer would be great
  7. Dloader Girl

Dloader Girl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Totally agree with EVERYTHING you said.

I so need a side scrolling letter search thing....
  8. melefire

melefire New Member

You pretty much covered every feature i wanted too.
  9. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Amen....I am sick of having to go into mobilefinder and delete that file. I have to do it literally every time I get on the installer app, which is usually once per day. I would access it more but it's just too damn inconvenient. If the Cydia Packager ever gets updated so that it can add sources, the installer app is screwed. It was a great idea back when there were few sources. But now that there are tons of them, the application can't bear the burden. They had better square their ass away and get it fixed or I will switch entirely to Cydia...
  10. SrussoJ321

SrussoJ321 New Member

the only thing I would add it that so you dont have to waste your time typing in a source. Installer should check if it is a real source. That would help and maybe a tilt feature.