The imfamous 'No Music' bug. Please Help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Xephrey, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Xephrey

Xephrey Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I have browsed through endless posts on just this problem, but none of them seem to be for 2.0+ firmware versions.

This happened to me a couple days ago as well, and there HAS to be a solution to it SOMEWHERE on these forums:

I tap the 'Music' icon, and i get the 'No Music' text over a picture of a giant note with the subtext 'You can download music from iTunes.'

My iTunes still detects my iPod and everything else works fine - even photos and other content, but the music does not display and the funny thing is: iTunes can see each music file with all of their respective bits of information, but they're all greyed out and you can't edit, play, or even select them. But it shows you that they're there... almost as if to mock the user.

I used QuickPwnGUI120 to make a custom 2.0.2 firmware file and restored it from there.

Please, if anyone has anything to say other than 'Restore it', help a brother out. I refuse to believe running jailbroken 2.0+ firmware means restoring every couple days.

Thanks!
  2. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try resetting all settings (General > Reset > Reset All Settings).
    Something similar used to happen on 1.1.3 and resetting things always fixed it.
  3. bob12345333

bob12345333 New Member

u have too many apps...

restore
    delete the useless apps
    NEVER download apps or update apps from the ipod until it is perfectly stable
    and always use itunes for apps
  4. willdog22

willdog22 New Member

ok I've had this problem ever since u could jailbreak 2.0 but I FIXED IT here's what you do jailbreak using quickpwn go to settings and press reset than reset the settings it will erase everything like pics and stuff but nothing u can't sync again then go to the music and u will be able to press the buttons on the bottom like playlists artists...... Stuff like dat...... And if let's u press the buttons then u can sync your stuff........ No problem happy to be of surviss
  5. Xephrey

Xephrey Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Thanks for the good suggestions! Nothing has worked thus far... I couldnt be that I have too many apps, I dont really have that many - I bet its cause I tried to install something off the appstore on the ipod Touch itself after copying em all from iTunes.

I think I'll just have to restore *sigh*

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for the fast responses though!
  6. wyvern706

wyvern706 New Member

all i had 2 do was sync w/ itunes then it just erased my songs and put them on again so try that first
  7. bob12345333

bob12345333 New Member

if my suggestion doesnt work idk... cus i had like 90 apps and i heard too many is not good so i restored and i deleted half of them and i havent had any problem since
  8. dj4mula

dj4mula New Member

After I installed the 2.0 patch i had the same problem. What you need to do is plug in your ipod touch and let it sync with Itunes. Click on the summary tab and scroll down. Make sure Manually manage music & videos is checked. Once you've done that, hit the sync button.
  9. Xephrey

Xephrey Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I've already started the process... but do you guys know of any kind of backup software that makes an ipsw file of your iPod Touch EXACTLY how it is, so that when you restore using this file, all patches and updates are applied and every app you wanted when the thing was JUST RIGHT is on there?

I'd invest in that.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, I've re-done everything. Re-installed everything, re-synced everything, and re-updated everything.

Guess what...

same thing.

Ive tried everything everyone has told me to do - Looks like the iPod Touch is not capable of running appstore, installer, and cydia at the same time as play music. So either I use this thing as a game/handy machine, or a music device.

I'd love for someone to prove me wrong, but for now the only way to get both apps and music is for me to dust off my old iRiver.

Thanks anyway.
  10. Skor

Skor New Member

Did you do a certain hack to get a certain variety of apps for a certain price? That's the only thing I've done recently that could've made my iPod do the same thing. I'm restoring and making sure my apps are all paid for/free/nonexistent, but hopefully my music will be recognized.