The Great Debate Between Ipad and Notion Inks Adam tablet.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by helikido, Feb 19, 2010.

?

wich do yoy think is better and you would wan't.

1. Notions Ink Adam Tablet.

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Apple's Ipad.

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. helikido

helikido New Member

2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh, another "Great Debate" thread. Well, I want the Notion Ink Adam. But the iPad is good too.

It all depends on the person and what they want. Neither device is 100% fully better than the other.
  3. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Which is why I wish these arguments over specs and how the iPad doesn't have this or that would come to a complete end. However, that could just be wishful thinking. :|
  4. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nonono, it's a "Grate debate" not "great".
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Enough with these stupid debates. You're not going to prove one is better than the other. Give it up. Some people like the iPad, and others don't.
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Also, chart makes some mistakes. The iPad also has AGPS, compass, and accelerometer.

Under "Storage" it says No? Does that not count on-board storage? I mean, come on. 16, 32, 64 GB. It HAS storage.

Don't get me wrong. I want the Adam, I pray that it'll be sold in stores. But please be accurate in your information.
  7. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Someone apparently wanted the Adam to look more superior, or it was just human error. Just a guess. I'm getting the iPad; regardless of what people think.
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The Adam looks quite nice, actually. I still don't have any reason to get one though. :\
  9. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you sure the iPad can do 720p ? I don't know where I read something like 570-something.

Edit: Straight from Apple's site:

So no 720p video out. Those specs are wrong.

I've been told that Tegra 2 can run 3 x 1080p at the same time. I've asked this question before: Is it true ?

iPad: VGA, 576p
    Adam: HDMI, 1080p

Hmmmmm... HDMI, obviously.

Also, "Dock connectors". LOL

iPad sound output: mono
    Adam sound output: stereo

iPad camera: n/a
    Adam camera: 3.2 MP Swivel Camera (doesn't say anywhere about autofocus, tho)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Source:
    http://www.notionink.in/adamfeature.php
    http://www.notionink.in/adamtechspecs.php
  10. helikido

helikido New Member

it's wishful thinking.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    duhh? it has a 720p screen.

heres something, the adam starts at $327 very cheap but i've heard that the basic model will not support touch screen, but thats maybe.

now, the tegra 2 chipset is much stronger than apples processor, the batt life is also better too, but i'm not sure about the os, because i've seen some frame skips in the os. it also comes with 3 different os's depending on wich model you get.

also the pixel qi screen uses less than half the power of the apple ipad and paired with the tegra 2, you get power, and battery time that is excellent. also one good thing about the pixel qi screen is that the more it's put in sunlight, the better you see, but it will be in black and white. depends on wich mode you use. either way i think the notions ink adam is better for the value but i may be wrong. will see.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    it's all pto what ever people wan't, just post your opinions and why you would get one. btw, debates are what get forums rolling, so i thought i would make things more exciting for all of us, so lets compare and have fun.