The good old days...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Gadgetrix, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Gadgetrix

Gadgetrix New Member

d'ya remember 1.1.1, and it's goodness? Do you like it more or less than the Jailbreak programs now? This doesn't include Appstore, since that's a marketing scheme.

So, which was better, 2.X, or 1.1.X?
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I like 2.x better. Jailbreaking has really grown up since 1.1.1. There are alot more applications, better ones. Jailbreaking itself has gotten alot more reliabe. No more command line or flaky website jailbreaking, Though jailbreakme.com was really cool and fast when it worked.

The only thing I really miss from back then is the old summerboard that made sprinboard scroll up rather then side to side. That woukd be a fun thing to have on 2.x.
  3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I also miss this, so I am writing saurik an email to see if this feature can be implemented into Winterboard, along with a larger dock (more than four icons).
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Marketing Scheme?

Come on now. It would be nice if everything in the world was free. But it aint that simple. Things need to be monetized. And that money needs to be used for infrastructure, jobs, etc.
  5. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

I like 2.0 better, on 1.1.x there werent good apps.
    now on 2.x you can have good quality apps from big succesful developers

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know what you mean... I miss 1.1.1
    ive been away for some time now (busy with work.)and coming back to IPTF was kinda weird..... (2.0.2) ?? Im still on 1.1.4.
    And ive noticed alot of spammers on this site now.. Talking about stupidness. Usless threads everwhere. But whatever.
  7. Gadgetrix

Gadgetrix New Member

They stole the freaking Installer idea for more apps! And they practically only made it for the new software upgrade/3G. It's a scam.

The only successful developers were the ones from the 1.1.1 period. MooCowMusic, Nullriver, zodttd, and a few more are the only real developers. And, like I said, they are all from 1.1.1.As for SuperMonkeyBall, Neverball was even better.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You have no proof or basis that they did so. They could've had the idea years before the Jailbreak community even came to existence.

Just because they are similar, does not make it that Apple stole the idea. And how is it a scam to offer legitimate services for a price?

EA Games, THQ, Pangea software, Vivendi Games, and tons of other develoepers on the App Store.

Apparently their success doesn't count for you?

The App Store has lapped both Installer and Cydia combined in terms of number of apps and quality of apps.

Installer was nice. But it never really went anywhere.
  9. troublesome_killa

troublesome_killa Member

I actually think 1.1.2 was good because it let u have as many icons on your dock

Please Register or Log in to view images

I liked Installer at first when I just got into jailbreaking and stuff but then It was just the same stuff so yea. Im on 2.0.1 and I love the Appstore, it has professional looking apps.
  10. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    haha ok neverball was ok but had many many bugs that were never fixed. (there was no medium speed, only slow or really fast) MooCowMusic is now developing for the appstore, as is Nullriver. Face it, the only people still developing for the jb community are only doing it because they have no change on the app store or their apps are against the app store rules.