the game from the apps store is so short..

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by neverover, Feb 1, 2010.

1. neverover

neverover Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    i dont get it. how come all the games in apps store is just so short in terms of game play. why cant they make it like in DS or so, make it full, not a stripped down version. i wouldnt mind paying 20 or 30 bucks for games that has an equal game play with final fantasy or so.

for comparison, trauma centre (DS) and amateur surgeon. they both has the exact same gameplay. but how come that trauma centre has 40 episodes compared to amateur surgeon 20 episodes?

the truth is that the games in apps store is too "indie" and mobile phone oriented. when will the big developer would actually jump in on this? like square enix, instead of making that dull song of summonner, why not porting their psp games to apps store... i want a "real" mobile gaming so hard on my ipod, especially a very good rpg.

its okay for apple to raise the price a bit as long that the game is worth it, rather a 1 dollar game that looks like a java game on my dumb mobile phone.

hey, im just a person guys so dont attack me on this. i just want the premium games to come up fast

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    cause the download size of the game would be massive if they made full size games, your capacity may be big enough to hold it but downloading it will take a while and not everyone has a fast internet
  3. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Go download "The Quest" and Dungeon Hunter. Then come back here and complain.

You're just not playing the right games.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^DH was a poor excuse for an RPG

Why buy an iPhone for hardcore/full-length gaming? You know that the market and hardware makes the chances for those fairly slim. I'm surprised GTA:CW was only 10 dollars.
  5. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    imo inotia 2 and dungeon hunter are awesome rpgs
    although Dh was a bit to short
    But yeah for real gaming i always use my psp, cant wait till the psp2 is announced/released
  6. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^Umm..PSP Go?
  7. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    NAh psp 3000 FTW

i mean the psp2 which is very likely to be released on 2011, there are many rumors about it already on the net

It is supposed to use a chip similar to the iphone 3gs, but much more powerful

it supposed to be a quad core beast with better graphics than the original xbox
  8. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the iphone 3GS has better graphics than the original xbox. the next iphone is rumored to be dual core like the ipad. by 2011, im guessing the iphone will be 2 GHz dual core or 1 GHz quad core.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Dude, go get GTA Chinatown Wars and then tell me what u think. If not that, get NOVA or NFS SHIFT or Modern Combat Sandstorm or Real Racing or GT Racing and then we talk.
  9. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ehr the ipad ISN'T dual core, and i doubt the next iphone will also, the most apple will do to the iphone 4G is unlock its cpu to 833mhz maybe 1gz

nvidia tegra 2 is dual core..

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/new...-20102c-features-powervr-sgx543-graphics.aspx

also the gpu is what going to be quad core, the cpu most likely be dual core

and anyways games are not gonna use iphone 3gs full potential anytime soon, the best we can hope are titles like NFS Shift that partially use the new GPU

I am sure that by the time sony releases the PSP2 it will be the most graphical powerful hand-held on the market.
  10. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have to correct you there. The iPad IS DUAL-CORE. It has 2 1.0 GHz Processors with a shared 2mb L2 cache.

The Apple A4 chip is equal to the nVidia Tegra 2 and the A4 is actually a dual Core ARM a9 CPU with a better than 3GS GPU all in one chip. look it up man. its true.