The First set of Semi-Automatic iPod touch pranks

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by crizh4x, Mar 15, 2008.

1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok guys, I have been working on this for a while now (things have been slow since 1.1.4) and I believe it is time lol.

I have a large set of pranks Applescript Applications that allows you to simply type in the IP address of an iPod touch or iPhone (with OpenSSH installed) and bam, it runs the script and whoever is playing with their iPod at the time gets pissed off when you keep spawn killing whatever app they are trying to open.

This is currently just for OS X users and maybe even just Intel Macs because I don't have a PowerPC to test on.

http://code.google.com/p/ipranks/

that is the new google code account I made and I think that you guys will enjoy.

note: if the victim is already using your iPod and you want to get them without asking for the iPod's IP address you can log into your router and view the attatched devices and go from there. All the innocent victim will see is for example, YouTube randomly closing. THIS DOES NOT DAMAGE YOUR SYSTEM. it is safe. I even have a script in there for the verbose mode boot time trick so, enjoy that. I am thinking about a future releases that has a script to open and close applications randomly, or force the iPod to have a random BSOD (don't ask I can make it work, it wont be real) so yeah, I'm also thinking about iPod backups too. if you have any requests, then sound them out. let me know what you think!

EDIT: v.02b is on the google code page and should fix errors that were mentioned on pages 1-3
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    well, first order of buisness to to make them for windows too. But, you could just have one that "Crashes" the ipod to sleep mode. or a fake bricker.
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, it would be hard for me to port these to windows I need someone who can do the same equivalent on Windows but I feel as though those suggestions are very doable.
  4. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey Banned

Running on PPC, but it runs it on an IP address thats not my ipod, runs the killall thing and then quits terminal. How do I manually enter the IP address?
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    crap. ok, that is normal with killall and stuff but it shouldhave a dialog box pop up to ask the IP, if the IP is 10.0.0.5, Then I need to investigate because that is what I entered for my iPod's IP and after testing the app 2 times it MAY have saved my IP somewhere. let me know please. thanks!
  6. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey Banned

Well I haven't tried all of them, but on the Photos and Camera, it asks for the IP Address and it works perfectly. But on the other ones I've tried it does 10.0.0.5. I'll try all of them and report on which ones work
  7. chefsta

chefsta Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing this for windows (i use windows) it would help if you could because not everyone on here uses OS X
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I understand this and I need to find a helper
  9. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey Banned

OK, the ones that ask for an IP adress and work fine are:
    Contacts
    Photos and Camera
    Youtube
  10. crizh4x