The exchanged one ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 19890915, Nov 9, 2008.

1. 19890915

19890915 New Member

I bought a Ipod touch and exchanged one time and right now i found out that the second one has bad pixels on it. can i exhange one again or send it to fix? the APPLE said ONLY can exchange once.
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yes you can exchange it for a new one
  3. Gr4v1ty

Gr4v1ty Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can only change it one time...Where you herad that? And you sure if it's true...Or you meaning exchange my warranty
  4. JAD

JAD New Member

Yes you can, even though it's your second one.
  5. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If Apple is like any other manufacturer then you will not get warranty on warranty. It is likely that you have one item replaced with a new unit and they are playing on that.

Tell them that your warranty still exists. assuming it has not run out, as warranty does not start again if they give you a new unit. ie: if you owned your original unit for 11 months and it died, they replaced it, and that new unit dies, then you only have the remainder of the warranty left on the new unit. even if the new unit is only 2 months old before it dies, it would make your warranty 13 months old, hence you will not get anything. (if it was a 12 month warranty)

If you are still well within your warranty period, take the unit back to them and show them the dead pixels. dont hear of many ipod touch's needing a display replaced because of dead pixels though. was yours repaired last time or replaced? if it was only repaired, it may just be some dust under the screen.

Either way, you need to go back to them and tell them how it is and dont take no for an answer.
  6. JAD

JAD New Member

This is true. The warranty does not start over with the replacement, it carries on from the original purchase so it's important to get anything sorted BEFORE the one year period is up!
  7. 19890915

19890915 New Member

I bought it like the first of this month, and i replaced one few days ago. According to what you said is that I still can change one because of it still in warranty period. is that right?
  8. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if the unit you have got as a replacement has failed, then take it back. your unit is only a month old. you would have to be the unluckiest person i know to have copped a dud ipod then got it replaced with another unit with issues. at least take it back for them to inspect it and explain what has happened.
  9. JAD

JAD New Member

That is a hundred percent correct. You can take it back. Stuck or dead pixels are covered. They won't hassle you or anything. Apple has the best return policy I ever saw.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You're not wrong! From some of the stories i hear on here every day, im surprised Apple can make a $.

"I dropped my ipod in the sink full of sharp knives, meat mallets and hot soapy water. I went to get it but my hand slipped and i dropped my ipod on the tile floor. thats when the dog grabbed it and burried in the back yard. when i dug it up, i accidentally hit it in the screen about 4 or 5 times with the shovel. i washed it under some water from the garden tap. after this i took it inside, wrapped it in foil, put it in the microwave for 12 mins to dry it off. after that, when i went to turn it on, i noticed is had the SWOD. so i took it back and guess what! they replaced it because there was dust under the home button! SWEET AS!!!!!11!!1"

exagerated ? perhaps

Please Register or Log in to view images