The Event

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by ChrisGonzales90, Sep 20, 2010.

1. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    So I just got finished watching The Event on NBC. I have to say it looks pretty damn good. The past summer they ran promos and it looked interesting.

I'm going to give a bit of an overview plus my review. If you have not seen the show and would like to, then I suggest leaving this page.

You have been warned.

The show centers around a mysterious event that seems to be some sort of government cover-up conspiracy. It went back and forth between characters and time lines stitching from 13 months before "the event" and 8 days before. There are these 97 people who are being held for an yet to be known reason, but it has to do with their knowledge of "the event". In tonight’s pilot we meet their "leader" Sophia who knows a lot more then she’s telling us. We also meet a guy named Sean Walker who takes his girlfriend out on a cruise and has a decent relationship with the girl’s father. The girlfriend ends up missing and the cruise line has no record of him or her ever being on the ship. From there we do not know very much else other a few days then he “hijacks” a plane but with the intentions of talking out whoever is inside the c*ckpit to change his mind on an unknown ac t. Another character is the recently elected president Martinez who seems to be a bit upset at the lack of information hes getting, while some of his staff disagree with some of his "decisions" regarding the detainees and “The event” As of this moment we do not know who is good or who is bad.

Over all I liked how the show was formatted. Instead of a single story we see the views of the different characters. It’s the kind of show that I, personally like. Mystery. I won’t tell you the ending, but once you see it, you’ll want more.

All the actors did a great job and there were no cheesy parts. I was sad when LOST ended, but I think we may have a winner. Could it be the next LOST? It’s too early to tell. The pilot did not have the same felling as the LOST pilot did back in 2004, but I hope to see a full season of The Event.
    If you haven’t seen it and live in the US, I do recommend if you have the time heading over to nbc.com and stream it.

10/10

An
  2. WilliamBauset

WilliamBauset Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I watched it too and it's pretty good!! and that "Disturbia" girl is in there so i guess it will not be boring=P!! i think this is going to be my Smallville replacement (since it's the final season)!!
  3. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I noticed that.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I watched it last night and I enjoyed it a lot.

I like how they show the event at first and then it gets to how and why it happened.

Lemme say this is a brand new show I will be watching every week.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I knew I saw that girl from somewhere!

I just couldn't think of where till now lol!
  5. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You watched The Event? You must be a part of The Group. I'm contacting my people right now. *puts on sunglasses and pulls out shiny pen*
  6. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    What?

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I watched it for 5 minutes. Terribly.

1 Hour Earlier, 2 Year Earlier then 11 Years Earlier. Just too hard to keep up with.
  8. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yeah it's kinda difficult.It's fine though.It's fun to watch.
  9. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    thats the best story line. It would be boring if it was a straight story line or watching some stupid reality show

Plus I know you didnt watch it, as your time line is way off.v
  10. theodore214

theodore214 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't find it fair that the pilot is free on US iTunes and not Canada >.>
    Oh well, gonna watch it somewhere online.
    I'll post back tomorrow when I see it, probably.