The epicness of this idea is only limited by the extent to which we can unlock BT..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by G8D, Apr 10, 2009.

1. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's not really that epic.. But it drew you in right?

Please Register or Log in to view images

So my idea is SMS, and phone calls if you have a mic, on 2G with unlocked bluetooth.
    My idea involves an iPod touch and a mobile phone being used together but all controlled by the iPod.

The idea is that a Java application could be developed for mobiles that allows for remote access, specifically over the SMS and phone capabilities, via bluetooth and obviously an iPod app that allows the controlling of this.

Does anyone think this could be possible?
    I am pretty sure that most Sony Ericsons(of similar release dates) use the same app/method of sending/receiving texts and phoning so specific apps could be made for each generation of software.
    Obviously vibration alerts are out of the question but with the external speaker this would not be too great an issue.
    This would allow people with 2Gs to perform all tasks from one device, ofcourse still requiring to be in possesion of both devices but not necesarily as close to them as would usually be needed (ie in a pocket..)

This all depends on what kind of control we can gain over the Bluetooth chip and the implications for battery life of both devices but I would love to see this happen

Please Register or Log in to view images

What does everyone else think?
  2. NobleRooster

NobleRooster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I really don't see the need for a java application for simple phone to ipod touch interaction. If an app was made for the touch, that would mimic that of a bluetooth headset that has answer and hangup. volume, etc. buttons, I don't see why this idea would not be within reach. WOuld be pretty sweet IMO.

As far as advanced functions such as SMS or something, then it would require some extra work, but would be worth it IMO.
  3. AmazingNachos

AmazingNachos Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    pretty sweet
  4. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Now we just need to get some jailbroken 3.0 devs interested.. I think that for SMS and other phone function controls a Java app maybe be required but surely this is manageable..