The End of App Store?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Johnny Quest, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I was just thinking, with the release of the jailbreak for the 2.0 (out or not) will this mean that the App store will be useless? I like the app store its really good. It has given me patience. LOL. I mean, I was always checking the internet to see if any new apps are out, but with the App store I can always check it and it'll tell me if there's any updates and I can do it on my ipot.
    I really hope that people don't lose themselves in the jailbreak process. Yes I do miss the "customizing" "SMBPrefs" if I can have those apps on the App Store I'll be just fine. Other than that, I'm getting used to the regular icons.
  2. br1anc

br1anc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well even when Installer makes on 2.0, App Store will always be there and it will have its apps that are quality even if they do cost a bit.
  3. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

unlessss i'm mistaken installer also allows the updates feature...
  4. ALeC!

ALeC! Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't know barely any games are being ported to Cydia/Installer so I think it'll stay alive.
  5. mcarter7190

mcarter7190 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you also have to realize that a large part of ipod touch and iphone owners don't even know the meaning of the term jailbreak. the appstore is in no danger of failing.
  6. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    best of both worlds. they can both co-exist very nicely.
    the app store will give you a lot of professional apps and games from the big companies, as well as some gems from developers who would otherwise not have released their apps without the store.
    the jailbreak community will give you great apps and more powerful utilities that aren't allowed in the app store.
    i don't see either dying out.
  7. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

It will end in Canada because iTunes Cards aren't compatible with it.
  8. The Ax

The Ax Banned

No

I doubt the Apple App Store will be going anywhere anytime soon. Its highly unlikely that an amateur developer would pay the 299$ -or- 99$ fee to post applications on the App Store unless they were very confident in themselves. The App Store almost guaranties that you wont come across applications that are not worth the downloading -or- are not built correctly. The App Store also has the wonderful features of downloading correctly every time, an awesome GUI, perfectly sorted applications, connectivity to iTunes account, Legitimate companies such as AOL and Google. In my opinion App Store is the best thing for the iPhone and iPod Touch since Labyrinth. Sure there is a few thing that need to be tweaked -or- corrected but, still.

Viva La App Store
  9. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    just buy a prepaid credit card if you dont have a regular one. itunes cards arent gonna lead to the appstores demise.
  10. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    very good statements. I do like the App store and they do have good quality apps. I bought a few and love it. I too will be one of those who will end up jailbreakin' when its out to get those apps I mentioned. I liked the way my ipot looked with Appletrees themes.
    another question, why is the App store putting so many "sudoku" games? just wandering.