The End of an Age: H.ackulous Shuts Down I.nstallous

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Dec 30, 2012.

1. erv9j

erv9j Member

On to the next one. Already found an alternative. :)

Edit: stop messaging me. I'm not gonna tell you. I got nothing from this site and will not share anything with you members.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  2. Synyster187

Synyster187 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Pretty sure this only refers to the (not gonna say the name cuz this sites run by 12 year olds and ill get censored) website not the app.
  3. syst3merror

syst3merror New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I won't pretend that I've never used it, that's essentially the reason I jailbroke my phone to begin with was to download all the apps I wanted without paying.....but then I found that I wasn't using any of the apps I downloaded anyway and just decided to delete them all and start fresh. Now, I only have about 6 apps on my phone and they are all free from the app store anyway. lol

Now cydia, that's a different story....I couldn't tell you how many apps I've actually bought off of there! I find more stuff on there that I like than I EVER did on the app store!
  4. JWingWangWong

JWingWangWong Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I won't lie I used it after I heard that the wi-fi tethering app was pulled off from the app store so where do I get it from? The App Store graveyard? If they have one of those then we're back in business.
  5. ZebraNasty

ZebraNasty Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This added to the changes in jailbreaking laws and the lengthy release of the next jailbreak I believe will really cripple the jailbreaking community. Of course there will be something new eventually to take it's place and we still have cydia but for me personally, [PIRACY]us was a big part of the jailbreak experience.
  6. drdoomy

drdoomy Active Member

just go to www.ifans.com (lol) and they will tell you how to get tethering apps... but hurry
  7. Nandroid

Nandroid Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    At least some of you are honest.

Sent from my SCH-I535
  8. pineapple juice

pineapple juice Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    Yeah I'll admit I was a noob and this was my initial motivation to jailbreak, but now I use my iPod to be productive or play mild games (Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, Metal Slug) and mess around with tweaks.
  9. Aarix

Aarix Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Its a happy day. Buy the apps and support the developers. People like you are the reason jailbreaking has a bad name.
    Jailbreaking to pirate is flat out STUPID!
  10. darkassassin

darkassassin Active Member

This is sad because Install ous was actually a pretty useful resource and it's important to not view it as if all pirates are bad and are stealing money from developers. Sure, a portion of people do, but sometimes, there are legit reasons to pirate content.

http://*******freak.com/why-this-silence-about-the-pirate-bay-as-a-distributor-of-culture-121230/

That article explains pretty well how the pirate bay, a site which LINKS to copyrighted content, is actually a good thing to have around, and it's true. People rely on piracy to access content they just could not normally, due to cultural or financial issues.

For me, there are so many rouge apps on the app store, and Apple have failed to provide a try before you buy solution. Sure, you can take a punt on a $1 application, but some apps are more pricey and do not offer a "lite" version. I think Microsoft on Windows 8 did a fantastic job of a try before you buy solution.

For example, some video apps to watch video content on my device cost a few $'s, however, most of them are laggy and do not decode the video properly, if I had brought them, it would've been a waste of money and I would've deleted them in a few minutes.

Also, just to add, those who knew of [PIRACY.mu], or have been following the [PIRACY.mu] case, will know that the governments exercised practises which are illegal (during the raid). They have also been exposed to *******ing illegal files
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    sam8392 and GadgetOrgy like this.