The Easiest Way To Play GBA Games On iPod Touch and iPhone

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by WaterMelnKid, Jun 13, 2009.

1. WaterMelnKid

WaterMelnKid New Member

Welcome,

This is a very simple way of telling you all how to play GameBoy Advance games on your iPod touch, it works, and I promise you, this is the best way.

First, you need to get a few files, I Can't Tell You Where To Get Them, Follow The Guide And Get The Files On Your Own!

Create a folder on your desktop called 'iPod Touch GBA' to start.

Now, turn on your Jailbroken iPod touch or iPhone and make your way to Cydia.

1. Go to the 'Search' tab at the bottom of the app.

2. Type 'iShare' into the search bar at the top of the screen and press search.

3. Find an app with a picture of the earth with a small metal ring around it, with the word 'iShare' next to it. Click on it.

4. Hit 'Install' in the corner and then confirm on the next screen, let it install as normal then return to Cydia.

5. Now, make your way to the search screen again and type in 'gpSPhone', a few files might come up, click on the file with the arcade game picture next to it, called gpSPhone, install this as you did with iShare.

6. Now go to your computer, and get a GBA ROM.

7. Now go to www.SendShare.com on your computer, register for free and then click upload at the top of the page. Click 'Browse' button in the middle of the page and find the ROM file you just got.

8. Wait for the file to upload, larger games can take quite a while, i suggest downloading a few themes on your iPod while you wait or even a few games for Cydia.

9. After the file has been uploaded, you will receive an URL, go to iShare on your iPod or iPhone and click on login, Then you will need to type in the details you created when registering on your computer, after this, click download and type in the URL you just got, hit next in the corner, dont click download,

10. Keep clicking the two dots at the top of the screen untill you come right out of all the folders, then you need to click on the following:
    User > Media > ROMs > GBA
    Then click done, click the red download button that I told you not to click before.

11. This will take a long time to download, but DO NOT do anything on your iPod as it's downloading, but maybe keep tapping the screen every 40 seconds to make sure it doesn't lock.

12. After all this, you will be needing the BIOs, get them on your own, I cant tell you where.

13. After you have done this, and your iPod has finished downloading the other file, upload the BIOs you just downloaded to SendShare, go to your iPod and go to iShare, click download and then next, and find this directory:
    Come straight out of everything again and find:
    Applications > gpSPhone
    and then click done, then download again, this will be almost instant.

14. Now you are ready to play a game, simply press the home button to exit everything and go to gpSPhone and click on browse at the very bottom, you should see your game!
    If you ever want to add more games, follow the steps where I told you how to download and install the game to your iPod or iPhone,

I hope I helped and resolved the endless dispute on how to easily play GBA games!

Remember: PLEASE TELL ME IF WHAT I AM DOING IS NOT ALOUD AND IT WILL BE FIXED

Josh,

PS
    In order to do this, you must only use the ROM files if you have the original Cartridge version of the GBA game at home.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    why?

because it's illegal?

ahhh... i c

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Effort all for not.
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Mhm.

Posting a guide I believe is fine.

But telling people where to get everything and then even giving links is completely illegal.
  6. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ohhhhh... now i understand.

thnx
  7. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

i hope you know that a BOIS file is like a whole entire os, just very small for the very small hardwares. so you just posted a link to a ripped os. nice job. i would edit that out really quick before you get banned.
  8. Wrathchild

Wrathchild Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    After they ban you they will tell you to read the rules next time.
  9. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

what next time?
  10. WaterMelnKid

WaterMelnKid New Member

I do believe I just edited it quick enough to not get banned, and still have one of the best guides out there?

Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I feel quite happy at realizing I was illegal and fixing it quick enough xP
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Is it Legal now?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Has my guide even helped anyone yet?