The DS can't be emulated...

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by DrMonkey, Apr 20, 2009.

1. DrMonkey

DrMonkey New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But there are some games on the DS that barely use the control buttons or the bottom screen. Some games you can tilt your DS to play sideways.

Those are the type of games that can be emulated on the iPhone.

For example. New Super Mario Bros. Doesn't use the bottom touch screen that much except for using items, but the control buttons are used throughout the game. So instead of having the touch screen on the bottom half of your iPhone, you can have the control buttons, like on the GBA emulator. Maybe a separate button to use the items. After all, the games will be separate and will not apply for all of them.

See what I'm saying?

I made another thread about the game "Rhythm Heaven" and how it can easily be emulated on the iPhone since it does not use buttons (except for the start button for pausing, but that can be arranged). There is also one minigame called "Rockers 2" which uses the "R" button, but as I said, that can be arranged. The graphics on the game can be emulated since it does not use that much 3-D effects (except for the minigame "Rhythm Rally" or the "Ping-Pong" game). Even if there was some 3-D effects, the iPhone can also handle such graphics.

I could have said Elite Beat Agents but there is already an EBA type game in Cydia called "Osu!".

There are many other games that I could say but those are just a few that just come to mind.

So overall, I'm just saying that instead of a DS emulator, we could just have certain games ported over to the iPhone seperately.
  2. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you wouldnt be able to play ds games on their even if the touch screen issues were fixed because its like a portable n64. it cant play n64 games so why would it be able to play ds games? you my friend are an iN00b
  3. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    zomg its not the bottom screen that's the bottom. ITS TOO POWERFUL FOR THE IPHONE/IPOD TOUCH.

Sure, games on DS can be ported over, not before toning down the graphics first.
  4. vandalj

vandalj New Member

It can be emulated just not to a playable extent as mentioned at the top, however the time required to make such a thing happen is basically a waste of time considering it's not even perfected on the computer yet.

This thread is a waste and should be removed considering the sub-forum it's located in.
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It is a request. And I found it helpful because I am rather fond of Elite Beat Agents and found out that Osu! is similar to it.

Now I'm not a noob but I don't follow this whole Games section very closely, or basically at all since the 1.1.x games.

So you all keep saying that it isn't powerful enough, and i'll take your word for it. but as far as I know the psx took more to run, and had better graphics and more data in their iso's than the N64, I'm pretty sure in theory if I can run Syphon Filter and FF8 then I should be able to run Super Mario 64. That makes sense to me but apparently that isn't how things work.
  6. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Thanks for the bump vince.
  7. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My bad Manic, it was the last posted thing in the whole Request section so I figured it couldn't be that old.