the death of a ipod?the birth of a new one?

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by qaiz, Jul 27, 2009.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    yup you read the title correct. the death of a ipod. now if you don't understand this,i'll shed some light on the topic.

now apple release new ipods every 3 years,the ipod photo/ipod video was born,that spawned into the ipod classic we all know and love. the ipod nano then came about,then the ipod shuffle and now the ipod touch. it's been a tradition for apple to release ipods every september,but its been more of a tradition for apple to release new ipods every 3 years. and guess what?its been 3 years since the ipod touch released,and i'm not the only one that feels something new is around the corner.

many are anticipating the 'apple tablet',it may not be a ipod,but it fits nicely in that category. but i think something else will happen,i believe the ipod classic will be discontinued.
    now this might seem utter rubbish,but not as rubbish as the 'iphone nano' business. this has logic behind it.
    Apple sold 10.2 million iPods — 800,000 less than both the previous quarter and the same quarter a year ago. apple actually admitted that the knew the ipod classic will drop in sales due to the demand of ipod touches and iphones,so is this the end of the classic? many believe it is.
    i think apple will combine the ipod classic and ipod touch into 1 device,so either way you think about it,its a ipod touch with massive memory capacity,or a ipod classic with a touch screen. but even if apple get rid of the classic,the ipod touch will automatically become the ipod classic basically due to it being the ipod with the most memory. if my calculation's are correct,the ipod touch will boast a 64gb memory capacity,but will that mean a a massive price tag?$400 sounds right

Please Register or Log in to view images

, what's you take on it?
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No.

They'll never discontinue the Classic.
  3. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Text wall much?

Please put the post into paragraphs.
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Who told you that?

@OP, please don't just make a huge block of text. It's difficult to read.
  5. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  6. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Haha, I use the classic a big portable hard drive
  7. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device: