The day my iPod died - ""Erasing iPod"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ralliart12, Mar 1, 2008.

1. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi fellows. Just wanna share a freak accident that occurred to my iPod Touch. I was charging it using my laptop the other day & upon full charge proceeded to "eject my iPod" frm within iTunes. While my iPod is still running on AC power(laptop), I decided to turn on WiFi & surf.

After WiFi is enabled via the Settings screen, pressing the Home btn will NOT let me exit to SpringBoard! That's when it all goes downhill...physically disconnecting didn't help. Force re-boot didn't help, launching iTunes & plugging in iPod to initiate a sync didn't help.

Now, the iPod will not even turn on without being connected to iTunes. & even when it does, all it says is:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Yup, so all my apps, calendar entries, iPhysics levels, TTR library, compiled theme, all gone...

I sincerely dun tink anybody has the same issue as me, so to make it worse, I dun expect any help either...so screwed....
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That...sucks...

_____/\____/\_________________________________

Dead
  3. Drako

Drako New Member

Well.. if you can ssh into it.. then you can still be saved.. i dont know what you would need to do in SSH but someone certainly can help you
  4. racergirl_744

racergirl_744 New Member

ugh that does suckk.
    sorry man.
  5. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No kidding man, I took good care of it, I stayed on jb1.1.2, kept away fro 1.1.3, any mod too fancy I do not attempt, & this sh*t happens? I mean...I dunno wat I did to deserve this...& furthermore, I gave back to the community, i.e. posted a lot of help at another Touch forum, donations, etc...

& you know wat's worse, the wifi switch on my laptop broke, it's the "hardware" switch, so no, I can't turn my wifi on using software...so no Wifi on a mobile laptop?!
  6. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It can't be turned on, & even if it's turned on(bcos I initiate a sync via iTunes), it just shows the screenshot above, then black out, & no I can't slide to unlock cos there's NO slide portion, etc, & hence I can't turn on WiFi, & hence I can't SSH-tunnel into my iPod

Ulitmately I suppose I can use Total Commander or iPhoneBrowser to browse thru it like an USB mass storage device, to retrieve wat needs to be retrieved, but u guys shld noe bringing it all back is...well, u know...

& the theme I'm using? I compiled the best looking icons over 20 other themes.

I have 2 IMAP email accounts setup inside, with incomig/outgoing servers which I have to go find AGAIN on my sch's OBSCURE email support site...
  7. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, I'm gonna initiate the "recovery" efforts this week. Anybody knows which is better for pulling lots of files off FROM the Touch, iPhone Browser or Total Commander?

I'll like to copy down files from all sectors of the Touch, not just the /Media portion.
  8. antispartan

antispartan New Member

I________I
    /________\
    -------------- Would Any One Like To Say A Few Word?

9. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Try using my video to force restore... just try...

First Link in signature...
  10. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi there, I noe how to restore, & force restore...but wat I'm doing now is trying to retrieve some of my "customization efforts" from the Touch back onto my laptop b4 I execute a restore.

Otherwise the restore will wipe out everything...

On the other hand, fellows, anything major in jailbrk-1.1.2-land? Except for OkToPrep auto-installed by jailbreakme.com & applerepo is permanently down, the rest of the 1.1.2 jailbreak process still the same???