The BIG lie

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by Amalthus, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amalthus

Amalthus New Member

A day after pwnage tool released on mac, cmw said winpwn will be out in a couple of days. All code was ported. All work was done. Only minor changes were necessary. Those couple of days passed and the new deadline was weekend. Weekend passed and we were on Monday. No news. Anything. Just two freakin' screenshots.
    Hours later we received another release date: 48 hours. Well, 48 hours more. Waiting became so so long. But 48 hours passed. We were on wednesday. Surprise! No news again. Only we had a notice explaining winpwn wont be released until it would be free of bugs. That sounded so good. He wanted to be sure of a robust software. We understood that. Ah, of course, you were able to donate money.
    Days passed again and again. Finally, another weekend passed and a new was published on sunday night. Winpwn will be out tomorrow (est). Monday was more long than a normal day. #winpwn had more than 200 users waiting for release. 23:59 rised and no release. Obvious. Everytime a date has announced it has a lie. But if you wanted donate money, you could do it. Your donation is very important. If you donate, you will see a sooner release.
    Next day, on thursday, eta was removed and a different new was published. winpwn will be out as a beta. He couldn't repair his bugs and he also forgot what he said about a free buggy release. But, one more time, he remarked you could donate money to accelerate release.

Hundred and hundred people wait for beta period, believing they will have a free buggy winpwn. That's not true. Weeks waiting for nothing. Weeks waiting for a big lie. Weeks waiting for a buggy software. But you can donate money.
    Why should we donate money for a program we can't use? Why should we donate my money for a beta software? Why should we donate for winpwn if it's not released? I don't donate for anything I can't have.

Is cmw a good professional? Is he really a 'god'? He may also a good programmer, but a good lier.

Think whatever you want. Winpwn is a big lie.
    1 person likes this.
  2. afiqqq

afiqqq New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What Da Fark

Dude go create your own winpwn then if you can't bear the wait. you sound like a girl having her period.
    1 person likes this.
  3. mossme89

mossme89 Member

dude, just have paitence
  4. dagrimdialer619

dagrimdialer619 Member

+1, there are two sides to every story. Also, I think it's stupid how they're holding back the release from the public, when they've clearly had enough time to upload it........

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. add45

add45 New Member

+1
    My thoughts exactly.

huge letdown for a windows version of pwnage
  6. H3X

H3X New Member

I agree. It has been a total of 16 days late, but it has been "announced" 5 times or so.

I don't believe it is fake because there is a video and lots of proof. But damn, it would be nice if you got it finished then announced.
  7. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    My thoughts EXACTLY!
  8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you guys are probably the ones to post the first "OMG, winpwn bricked my ipod". for fecks sake whats the rush, its better to have something that works when it comes out.

too many people release stuff that is crap and forces you to restore. just give the guy a braeak. and remember, you aint paying for it.

if youre so desperate go and buy a mac
  9. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Yeah agreed. Its got to the point now where its a bit suspiscious.

And people telling people to have patience? Windows users have used up enough patience to last a lifetime.
  10. H3X

H3X New Member

If he were to finish it, then announce a release date it would be fantastic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.