The best way to?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Jarrodis, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Jarrodis

Jarrodis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok my windows 7 RC Beta is gunna start shutting down on march 1, 2010, and im gunna buy windows 7 before then.so my question is.

What is the easiest/ best way to be able to get my Itunes songs on my new Windows 7, cause I gotta reformat my PC. So Is there a way to get my songs of of my Ipod and back onto Itunes again. or can I back up my songs on a portable HDD. Im not sure because of all this DRM crap.

Sorry if im not very clear, I suck at writing
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Copy all of your music to an external hard drive. Then copy off the HD into your W7 music folder. Add all your music. When you try to play a DRM protected song, iTunes will prompt you to authorise the computer by entering your iTunes details.
    You can authorise up to 5 computers, and any number of iPods which sync with that library.
  3. Jarrodis

Jarrodis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks, but the DRM music usally have like a file name like "XUYS" or these random letter when not copied from itunes will it go back to its original titles when copied back into itunes with me authorizing it again