The best story ever...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JustoHermano, Nov 3, 2007.

1. JustoHermano

JustoHermano New Member

So i decided to goto the movies tonight to see American gangster (side note: GREAT MOVIE). But before i went to the the movie theater I decided to check out the touches at my local Apple store having been there many times. So i waited till it was my turn with the touch and being fairly knowledgeable in jailbreaking ipot and iphones having broken one of each for my friends (still don't have one of my own yet).

Jailbreaking was fairly difficult when i took on the task for my friends but now it is as easy as going to a website. So i decided to jailbreak the ipod touches in the store. And with the help of my brother and friend we successfully jailbroke the three ipod touches that were in the store. We decided to install a health amount of fun games like tic tac toe and sketch. Then we decide to install summerboard and the unlocker theme.

Then we decided i would stay in the store and ask about the iPods... and this is where the fun begins.

So i asked one of the sales associates (named Nick BTW) to show me the touch. He started to look at the ipod and had a look of terror. But then he calmed down and showed me the basic features like safari ,the cover flow , etc. He asked if i had any questions and of course i asked him to show me tic tac toe and sketches. Then he said sorry but those really aren't features of the ipod and tried to move to another ipod only to discover it was jailbroken too. Then i asked why they weren't features and he replied by saying they were too hard to make for the apple team to develop them all. Alot more discussion was had and in the end i said they had lost my money because of this and left the story.

Oh no the fun doesn't end here, next we decided it would be a good idea to go backin and have another one of us badger the salesperson with the same questions. When my brother went in we were all surprised to find out that they didn't swap out the ipod and insted kept the newly jailbroken ones. So after my brother finished with the sales person my friend Tom went in and did the same. Needless to say they git mad after the thrid customer in 10 minutes to ask about features there ipods didn't have so they took them down and replaced them.

I recommend everyone do this in there local apple store
    This is just something fun to do and if someone catches you it's your own fault

SIDE NOTE: I do not hate apple infact i love them and as soon as i get the funds to buy one which could be awhile, i plan to buy one in, less of course they have made it impenetrable to hack which probably wont happen.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    that's halarious! My friend went to the apple store and jailbroke an iPhone there and started installing apps.
  3. Kurokaze

Kurokaze New Member

that's the nerdiest form of vandalism i've ever heard of.
  4. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Haha. Glad to know the employees working at the Apple store know about their products.
  5. music4life

music4life Active Member

Wow, the stupidity of sales store clerks sickens me. I went to a store the other day, and they said there is no such thing as an iPodTouch...I took them to it, and they said that it was a Zune, when the sign above CLEARLY stated "iPod Touch $399.99". Minutes later, a small child arrives saying "Look daddy, I want one of those iPod Touches!" And the clerk stormed off with tears in her eyes. It was hilarious.
  6. Mike3300

Mike3300 New Member

you guys are terrible doing this stuff, this can confuse some new buyers/new to iPod. next step, is Apple taking a serious matter on this and ban all of the jailbreaking sites on the iPhone & Touch. this is not funny!
  7. coolkid

coolkid New Member

lol

i think that allowing 3rd party applications on the ipoT is the best thing apple could do. the fact that people are able to want a aplication that fits their lifestyle are able to get it or make it is genius. the ipod touch by itself is a cool looking but overprice mediaplayer. if you add all the third party apps it is well worth the money. apple tries to cripple their products by leaving out key apps from the iphone and the ipoT. while we liberate them and allow the masses to use them as they want.

i think im going to jailbreak some ipoT's and spread the word.
  8. Mike3300

Mike3300 New Member

you can add any other 3rd party apps if that's your own iPod, even it's just a prank but it confuse other new buyers and it may affect iPod touch marketing/sales as some people does not even know that all the black blank space are for the 3rd party apps but when they look up at Apple.com they might be confuse. it's kinda misleading the situation. they think if they purchase new iPod, it does come pre-loaded with the extra apps but in the end might end up in Genius Bar questioning and discussing unrelated topics which Apple does not cover.
  9. gfabry

gfabry New Member

Reminds me of that time I went to the Apple store with my friend, bought my iPod touch. Decided to screw around with them and took out my touch, and asked them why there was a little mail icon in the taskbar (I had hacked it...). The guy goes through my iPod for almost 5 minutes, dumbstruck before telling me, "I'm sorry, I can't help you with this"... and he calls out the general manager (I think), who just gives it back to me.

LOL.
  10. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

i doubt you could jailbreak it without anyone knowing it, unless the apple people are really stupid. they walk up and down the whole place at the one near me. Plus it would have to be connected to the mac which none of them are. you cant take them off the stand.