The best mod for ipod touch and iPhone??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by cky93, Sep 14, 2008.

1. cky93

cky93 New Member

I just wanna know wot everyone thinks is the best mod for the ipod touch or iPhone???
    Be it the guitar hero conversion for tap tap or even something as simple as five icon dock

which mod then????
  2. overkill305

overkill305 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    5 icon dock is pretty cool
  3. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

Isn't this very subjective? The best, most useful, app differs from person to person. For some it's Winterboard, for others it's BosPrefs. See what I mean?
  4. Sopis

Sopis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    sorry but this question is very hard to answer to...
    you need to look through the apps and stuff available and decide what suits you the best..
    first thing you need to think about is what you would like your ipod to be...

eg I liked my iPod as it was...and I really didnt want to jailbreak...but after few days I decided that it is actually ONLY a music player (back in the days when I was 1.1.2-4)...
    so I jailbroke installed some games, some apps form the installer...
    for example I wanted to change a look of my ipod so I DLed SMBprefs and later customize...I had few games..I installed iphone apps - maps notes and stuff...
    it got better and better...but I got bothered becuase lot of things didnt work as I thought theyll gonnna work - which means I tried a lot of stuff but then I found it useless or damaging my ipod or time consuming or whatever...i just got bothered from doing some stupid stuff - modding - and damaging the ipod and repairing it and searching the web to repair it and blahblahblah...
    now I am on 2.0.1 pwned with apps

Please Register or Log in to view images

on it ...my iPod has become a supermachine since then...the games made by big developers are great..actually not so great but it offers a few times of fun

sometimes I install something from cydia when I need something - eg BossTools to make your apps install into the bigger partition of your ipod...or bossprefs to have a quick access to services and other stuff...I was able to hide few apps which I didnt need thanks to the bossprefs...stocks, appstore, itunes, and tohers i really didnt need...
    so it is up to you what you want your ipod to do...or to looklike...
    when you want it look like WOW thats awesome look for winterboard (or summerboard if ur still on 1.xx)- but be aware that there might be some problems - thats the reason I dont use it...i think ipods default theme is pretty enough...and actually I dont use lot of stuff beacuse I tried a lot of things and was very disappointed cos it either damaged my ipod or was boring or useless for me..perfect thing is SSHing - I SSH or access my ipod through the USB SHH method when I need something...there are lots of tuts on how to do stuff juest GOOGLE! it is the best way to learn stuff! but always be careful what you do!
    sooo I guess thats it - just scroll through available stuff and youll find out waht you want - there are so many things...
    if u need help on particular app or thing just google - the best way to do now because lot of stuff has been asked and answered on this forum...

so hope I helped you a bit