the benefits of JB ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjleworthy, Oct 25, 2008.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hi guys.

I've only jailbraked my Touch once about a year ago when i installed 1.1.4.
    In the last month i've restored it, and upgraded the firmware to 2.1. At the moment i'm all official and really happy, especially as the firmware has come along so far since a year ago. Even though i'm 'official', i still have very good access to whatever the apple store can offer me.

but what of jailbraking these days? what are the benefits? other than being able to customize, which doesn't appeal too much to me, and the fact you can get different games (i've yet to see any that impress me either), what am i missing out on not jailbraking?
    And on the flip side, what are the disadvantages of jailbraking?

thanks
  2. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Themes.
    Stuff apple won't allow.
    A bit more.
  3. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

yeah, some apps that's not on the appstore.

some application for customization of ipod and some watever stuff that u can find in cydia/installer.

it's ok to JB but it's up to u.

if ur already contented w/o JB. then dont
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

There is no reason to NOT jailbreak. It doesn't slow it down, and you have access to more things.
  5. bassam

bassam Member

jailbreak jailbreak jailbreak jailbreak jailbreak jailbreak jailbreak !!
  6. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The following list will contain some words which are not complying to iPTF rules, but that are ONLY w-o-r-d-s so @mods/everyone else who dont like them please just overread them. I only want to show up a list what jailbreak can do.
    -------------------------------
    Full filesystem access, for example if you need a special file and you have no usb stick handy then you can use your ipod.

filedownload possibility, directly download anything to your ipod and drag&drop it to your pc/mac lateron using ftp/ssh

makes hardware your own, using terminal you can almost do everything. for example change the MAC address of ipods wifi card
    or use ftp/sftp/ssh to manage your website!

Use *******/filesharing

cracked applications

replaced musicplayer will release this WE (pwnplayer) with alot of features.

youtube video downloads (mxtube)

themes (but that's boring..^^)

modifications like "Backgrounder" (lets you run official apps in the background! for example aim in the background or lastfm!) or QuickGold (one click on homescreen with homebutton will bring up a search in which you can search everywhere and access it immediately)

writing long texts and paste them in safari (for example if you post on forums like these it's annoying if safari randomly crashes while typing. with the CopierciN app this wont happen anymore! you can type long texts in a comfortable editor and then just paste it in safari!)

custom boot logo

offline google maps even WITH wifi positioning
    --offline routing

video converting without computer! (mplayer)

appbackup - if you accidently deleted an app but backed it up before with appbackup you can just reinstall it and then restore its files- after that it will work like nothing happened!

vnc - control your ipod via a computer and type long texts with a REAL keybord

Please Register or Log in to view images

it's kinda useless but funny^^

categories on homescreen to tidy it.

poof for hiding applications (this wont work for some reasons as I read in iPTF)

Swapping library so you can sync with 2 computers/itunes!

and last but not least a BIG community which's going to support you if you've got problems

hope I could help - I'll post more if something new comes to my mind^^

best regards
    mirror1
  7. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
  8. faizan96

faizan96 New Member

Sync with 2 computers??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? lets say i have 50 songs on my 2g 8b touch and a few thousand downstairs on my computer..... ( i dont do bit******* upstairs cause of trojans)
  9. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The apps that apple sometimes do not accept, such as stacks and islsk that go aganist their policies, are usually the best of all.
  10. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I love using Podcaster, the app that was infamously rejected from the app store even though a lot of people would use it and it complies with all of Apple's standards.
    There is a free "mimic" version of it for free, or you can get the actual app off of Cydia for $4 or so. I paid for mine and it's well worth the ability to download/play podcasts on the go.