The battle for the first 2.0 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by touchie93, Jul 13, 2008.

1. touchie93

touchie93 New Member

Everyone who is reading this wants a jailbroken 2.0.

There are three major parties vying to be the first to 2.0 mass jailbreak.

Here's what is going on...

The three parties are The original Dev Team, Zibri (ZiPhone), and now GeoHot (YiPhone).

As of now, Zibri and the DevTeam are supposedly cleaning up their methods to protect them and foolproof them.

From his blog, GeoHot makes to look like he's got his own program ready and that he has a set time he will release it if the DevTeam does not by then (sometime Tues EST). He threatens a repeat of Zibri and ZiPhone. The countdown can be found at yiphone.org. There is a possibility that he is bluffing, but the DevTeam is very worried, according to their blog (blog.iPhone-dev.org).

How did all these politics begin...I'm researching it in the morning, but feel free to give me your two cents.

Keep your eyes posted on all the sites...the DevTeam hinted at a jailbreak 2.0 release this week.
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

From what I've heard, Zibri and Geohot were both former members of the Dev Team back in the day.

Zibri was kicked out for leaking the 1.1.3/4 jailbreak, Ziphone, which could've helped find jailbreaks in the future.
    Geohot is apparently a "media-whore" who was also leaking info and more just for attention rather than keep it secretive. (He was kicked out once before but they let him back in)

And now we have the present

Please Register or Log in to view images

So dramatic

3. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

ok most likely Zibri will find some code for the old iphone and say it works with the new iphone, and then after millions of users get permanent bricks on their new iphones or ipod touches, he will say 'o sorry it will be fixed in the next update", which will happen after AN ACTUALLY JAILBREAK IS RELEASED. I think the DevTeam can pull it off, they brang us this far and they are still pulling, as for YiPhone.. OOO we moved one letter back from Ziphone
  4. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

Wow. you buys certainly did your homework. i cant prove any of this correct, cus i dont know myself but assuming it is. good job to both of you , and looking forward to the upcoming jailbreak
  5. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch

actually...... as for yiphone..... devteam jailbreak for 2.0 disguised as ziphone disguised as yiphone.....lol
  6. touchie93

touchie93 New Member

That is what it seems like. Do you think Yiphone is for real? I mean, if he actually created a method why would he not already publish it?
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

I'd say so.

He obviously knows what he is doing because of what he's done and his time in the Dev Team.

He helped to find the method, but I think he is just trying to push things along, get a little "revenge", and just be a "media-whore"

8. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

do you guys know if the ipod touch jailbreak will be released side by side with the iphone version, or do you think it'll take a bit longer for that?
  9. x6blues

x6blues New Member

The application, Pwnage 2.0, should use the same exploit/process to jailbreak 2.0.

In the video at http://blog.iphone-dev.org, it had 2 options, iPod Touch and iPhone.

The only addition would be unlocking which I believe iBoot acomodates. It is also present in the latest edition of Pwnage.
    *It may be coming out this week, response to YiPhone

If I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me

10. touchie93

touchie93 New Member

I feel DevTeam is the superior publisher. They brought us the first jailbreak and got the whole community going. They have been classy, upfront, and honest (check todays blogs). My point is they aren't in it so they can be interviewed on the news after taking credit for others work. They ought to and very well may prevail.