The battery Drain Article

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iBricked, May 20, 2010.

1. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Hi people. My first "helping" guide.

If you have jail-broke your iPod you should notice that there is cydia and it will be your best friend.

List of things to download (recommended)
    Sbsettings (don't use numeicacl battery form here it is inaccurate)
    Shrink
    fiveidock
    winterboard

If you have then good. But What I am here to talk about today is the deadly battery drain. Backgrounder is a good example. That thing is deadly 5 apps in the background=less than 1 hour of battery. It will kill your precious iDevice if not used properly. It uses something simple called Daemons. They will run in the background and drain battery, like a leech.

If you wanna show your battery level, get asBattery it costs money but its worth it!!

Battery drain is very important and should be fixed. Comment suggestions on how to improve this article.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    SBsettings is more accurate then the app store ones, it does loose accuracy but it can be recalibrated with a charge cycle.

and i thought backgrounder used a mobile substrate not a daemon. Using it to background light apps that don't use so many resourced won't drain the battery as fast. Also it won't kill the device, it would only decrease the battery life.

another alternitave to sbsettings batter is battery control (paid too, alot of features)
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Backgrounder is a mobile substrate. Launch Daemons work in safemode (they aren't disabled), however, Backgrounder is disabled in safe mode.

It won't leech power if you don't background a ton of applications. Some applications already run in the background (iPod, Phone, SMS, Safari, Mail... Wait, that's five!) The iPhone ALWAYS has 4-5 apps running at once, with or without Backgrounder.
  4. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    SMS doesn't actually. Mail only does if you have push notifications turned on and Safari doesn't turn back on automatically after a respring.
  5. utopia95

utopia95 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What if your iPod doesn't have Daemons installed and still only has at least 2 hours of battery? I know this is pretty much the standard but before I jailbroke it seemed to last about four hours.
  6. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It isn't standard, it means your iPod battery is failing because of age.

You can get it replaced by sending it in to Apple.
  7. utopia95

utopia95 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Age?! I have only had it for.. um... 5 months. How old is that in iPod years?
  8. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    70 years old - jk

the battery will be different for everyone depending on how many charge cycles you've done(0-100). THe more you do the less battery life there will tend to be
  9. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    battery suckage is bad, if you guys wanna use the crap out of your battery under 30 mins ten I will help. This guide is NOT for WIMPS!!!

Turn on ssh
    Turn on wifi
    turn on music (full volume)
    turn on bluetooth
    Use backgrounder and run cydia, google earth, twitterific, eBuddy, Flight control, 3D games and also blutooth a game with a friend
  10. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    *sigh*
    There's a good load of things wrong with your article.

1.) This is about battery drain, and winterboard is one of the worst offenders. Some jailbreakers don't use it because they would rather have more battery life.
    2.) SB setting's battery is just about the most accurate thing out there, you just have to make sure to do a twice monthly charge cycle. asBattery, the needless waste of dough, will also become inaccurate if it gets charged/recharged too often without a full cycle.
    3.) Batteries in iDevices aren't easily destroyed by heavy use. It's possible, yes, but it's not like the rechargeables from the 90s that had a whole list of problems.
    4.) Backgrounder, like 99% of addons, uses mobile substrate, not a daemon.