The artist "Hurt" shows up under "C" on my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Veovis Muad'dib, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Veovis Muad'dib

Veovis Muad'dib New Member

I have a 32 Gig iPod Touch, 1G, on Jailbroken 2.1 firmware. For some reason, when I scroll through my artists, the band Hurt is not labeled under H, but instead C. In my iTunes library, (OS 10.5.5, iTunes 8.0) most Hurt is in the right place, but one song is under C. I've checked album artist and such, everything under "Get Info," and nothing there seems to fix the problem. I then created a new ITL, added my Hurt, and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's really odd. Try recording your Mac audio while playing it with a tool like Audacity, then save it as a new .mp3, and put it in iTunes (and re-tag it, of course). I'm guessing it's just a metadata tag glitch.
  3. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

So the "Album Artist" and "Artist" fields both don't contain a word starting with "H"? I've done that by accident before, thinking it was the Album field and not Album Artist. I think that can affect it.
  4. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    wow. thats weird!!

try getting your iPod some spelling lessons.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Veovis Muad'dib

Veovis Muad'dib New Member

I'll just re-rip it, Audacity doesn't do VBR, and I'm a snob about VBR. (If my music isn't in VBR, it's at 320kbps, and 320 files are just huge.) Unfortunately, the CD is my friend's that likes Hurt even more than I do, so I'll have to go over there.

Both Artist and Album Artist are Hurt, and it's not a compilation or anything else that even might cause problems...

I guess. Does the Genius Bar do lessons? I could just go over there. (With my jailbroken iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

)