The apps stopped working?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ajd2416, Nov 24, 2008.

1. ajd2416

ajd2416 New Member

My 2.1 gen. ipod went from having over one hundred working apps to none of them starting! It all started by my ipod restarting itself after i would sync it. Then, my my apps from the app store apps wouldn't start...they would just simply say application could not be opened. No error code, NOTHING!!!! After that that damn white apple showed up and never went to the lockscreen, just turned off then turned back onto the apple screen. Anyone know what it could be?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    IDEAS: Start off with a hard reset (hold home and power buttons until device turns off and the release when the apple logo appears). If no change then maybe try uninstalling any recent apps you put on in case you have some dodgy software or install. No luck? Try turning off all system hog resources and hacks (Winterboard, themes, video wallpaper wifi, bluetooth, edge, ssh etc. etc.) - in short try reducing your device load to the bare minimum. If it still doesn't work try a few charges and discharges of the battery. If all this is in vain you may need to restore - but post and update first and hold off for more advice from the forum before you do.

Try here for more ideas...
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

try resyncing
  4. emrecio

emrecio New Member

I just downloaded the 2.2 update for an iPod touch (32 GB) I bought a week ago. I downloaded all of these apps, and guess what?! None of them work. It's the same symptom. The app starts (seem to) and goes back to the first page. I have just been up for the last two hours trying to figure this out, and YES i did sync... and re-sync, and re-sync. Also tried the reset.

This is bunk good thing I kept the receipt.
  5. murdok

murdok New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same for me:
    On JB firmware now with the 'mi pa tch' applied.
    Cydia apps work but synced apps just say "Application ... could not be opened".
    The exact same apps worked on 2.0 wonder what's the problem..