the application is already installed

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by brownbox, Oct 17, 2008.

1. brownbox

brownbox New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I was mucking around with rename, catagories and cbnk today. Now, its not showing its icon on the home screen, or in the catagory. It is however able to be seen by catagories.app and rename.app. If i remove it from itunes, it says it removed the app, but if i try installing it again, it says
    "The application "CBNK 3D" was not installed on the iPhone "My Iphone" because it is already installed."

Ive tried removing the folder from /var/mobile/applications and theres nothing in /applications. But itunes still insists that its installed. Ive tried rebooting, respringing, but nothing works.
  2. upsidedownsoup

upsidedownsoup Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you probably are gonna have to restore.

either that or uninstall rename and try it again.

restore is your best option i would think though
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If theres nothing in /Applications, you've done something wrong.
  4. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iPhone OS may keep data about installed stuff somewhere else

Please Register or Log in to view images

it same as you remove some program files manually in windows, you dont have app now but system thinks you have ;] I'm not a JB-er so i don't have a clue where to start searching for that data.

Best and easy solution for that is Restore, but it will be pain to load backups

Please Register or Log in to view images

just learn a lesson to do appstore stuff on apples way, because they ignore if you JB or not