The App Store Sickness

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by JoshuaCaputo, Jan 24, 2009.

1. JoshuaCaputo

JoshuaCaputo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First off I want to say this as an iPhone application consumer rather than developer, at least I will try.

Now that the iTunes App Store has over 1,000,000 apps or whatever its beginning to get ridiculous. The applications on the app store are beginning to just repeat on another and some are just down right pointless. Like make me want to throw my iPod out of my car on a highway pointless. I think we deserve a fix. That fix is the remove some of the less original or (pardon my French) sh*tty apps.

Removing less original apps is not letting the best app be the only one of its kind. Not monopolizing. Just removing some of the apps that no one uses because there is 300 more of the same app cheaper. Its not right for a developer who has no experience to post an application that only he or she will download, as well as it is certainly not right for the better developers to have a pedestal and look down at smaller developers. The applications should be accepted and placed depending on the application quality. Not the quality of the developer or the quality of the developers previous applications.

A system like digg would be so so wonderful. Applications that are just released go to their own little zone and work their way up every day so applications like Myspace and AIM are not always on top. It should be every day you restart and however many downloads that app gets it moves up as the day goes on. At the end the winner is claimed and they get an add the next day or something.

The App Store needs to be more circulative and more strict and less strict.
    No application should ever be not accepted because there is an application similar, unless its identical, but for their quality is just horrible.

I don't know. I know the app store has too much and its highly monopolized. Im not complaining as a developer but as a consumer.

2. TheKKKiller

TheKKKiller New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    People pay 100$ to publish their apps on the store. Apple won't remove them after the work (even if it looks like barely any work, it's harder than it looks) they've done, and price they've payed.

I do know what you're talking about though. People are stealing apps already made, and charging the public to buy them instead of using the free one. It's retarded.
  3. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

hes right apple just wants their money unfortunately.

and at the kkkiller i think he knows how tough it is. he has developed a few apps himself
  4. sup1234

sup1234 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you dont like the app store then dont go on the app store.
  5. LesPaul

LesPaul New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    agreed
  6. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Apps were like that from the start.
    I heard that every week, a light app is added...
    A White UIView gets accepted onto the app store every week?
    Oh well... It's not like I go around searching for French translate apps or Light apps.
  7. mojoman0

mojoman0 New Member

There are only 15,000 apps in the app store. There have been however over 500,000,000 downloads since the store opened.
  8. JoshuaCaputo

JoshuaCaputo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ah thanks,
  9. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i think there should be some sort of system where if the application isn't popular enough, it gets deleted from the normal app listings
    this isn't to say that people can't still download and update it, but it'd be nice to just get those applications out of sight to make room for things people will actually buy
  10. latinoboi113

latinoboi113 New Member

yea true there is alot of ones that are just like other