The App Store FAQ

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Joe Rossignol, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    App Store FAQ

1. Is the App Store running? Yes. The App Store is available through iTunes 7.7, and is functional. To turn on the App Store, open iTunes Preferencesand select Applications.
    2. Can I run App Store applications on my iPhone/iPod touch? In certain countries, including Australia and New Zealand, you can run App Store applications on your iPod touch due to the fact that Firmware 2.0 has been released in those countries (along with the 3G iPhone.) For countries such as United States and Canada, Firmware 2.0 was leaked for iPhone users, so if you are able to get the Firmware 2.0 update, you can install the applications. For iPod touch users, you still have to wait until the $9.99 sale.
    3. How much is the App Store? Included in the Firmware 2.0 update, the App Store is free for iPhone users and $9.99 for iPod touch users.
    4. Can I have Installer and the App Store? No. In order to have the App Store, you will need to have Firmware 2.0 running on your iPod touch/iPhone, which the Installer application does not function on. Installer runs on Firmware 1.1.1 through 1.1.4.
    5. Can I search for applications? Yes.
    6. Will the App Store feature any applications that modify/customize like Customize or SummerBoard? No. Apple does not want any applications that modify/customize.
    7. Will there be games released such as TTR? Yes. There will be a game released called Tap Tap Revenge, similar to Tap Tap Revolution (TTR).
    8. Where can I get the Firmware 2.0/App Store update? Through iTunes or manually by downloading the firmware file from Apple's website or another firmware website that is hosting the file.
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm a bit confused, I just woke up.
    Is 2.0 out in america? Or is it just the app store thats working for those who have the beta?
  3. Joe Rossignol

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Firmware 2.0 hasn't been released in United States as of yet. It is available in other countries because of their time zones. The App Store is working for some, as seen in many threads, when they use the beta version of 2.0.
  4. datsyuk

datsyuk New Member

the App Store is free for iPhone users and $9.99 for iPod touch users.

that made me laugh
  5. Joe Rossignol

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, the App Store is included in the Firmware 2.0 update which is $9.99 for iPod touch users. It's only fair if you think about it, as iPhone users already have to pay enough with their monthly plans.
  6. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

Ok i turned on applications in preferences but i still have no option in itunes to browse games.

edit: im a retard. found them
  7. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

change the "appstore and installer" answer, you need to mention that it quite likley (or atleast possible) that is will happen in the future. For the past couple days the dev team has been hinting at new 2.0 jailbreak, and along with that there should be a rewritten installer