The Almighty Problem :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thugsta1, Nov 18, 2008.

1. thugsta1

thugsta1 New Member

First im new here,

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now to the serious part, i was on (ipod touch 1st gen) fw 2.1 i made it jailbroken & was happy with myself

but i couldnt get my wifi working on it with my windows xp system cause my wifi card is a b*tard

but thus is not the problem.

Most .apps from browsing around the net (pc) are for older 1.1.x fw so best way to get stuff for 2.1 is via Cydia (obviously

) but & this is my question, is there a way to browse repo's via a pc browser? i've been looking in the bigboss .xml & getting stuff from that & also found you can browse the repo on his site, but is there a way to view/download all the cydia stuff from diffrent sources without using my ipod touch? Kinda like quInstaller on pc for older fw.

Also recently i have downgraded to 1.1.4 as to me atm it seems more compatible with 3rd party .apps (as most wont/will be updated one day

)but i cant get to play/test .ipa files now (tryed extracting ipa to app but it didnt work). So im stuck between the best of two worlds, lots of 3rd party stuff or lots ipa's

Thanks Peeps.

------------------double post merged------------------
    *tumbleweed blows past*

Hello? *echo*

#cough#

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can browse some repos by looking up the repo address in your browser. Some work, others don't. Or check the main website (e.g. iSpazio). Hpwever, that's a lot of hassle and it's better just to browse the repo .xml in Cydia - just go to the source in Cydia and it will tell you what it contains.

Upgrade to 2.1 firmware and then jailbreak it with QuickPwn. There really is no comparison with the older firmwares. All the programmers have moved on to 2.* and you have Cydia, Installer and the Appstore, plus all the new functionality and stability that 2.1 offers.

Hope that helps as I'm not 100% sure what your question was....