The 2g's screen tint is a disapointment

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ThrowAway, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

The 2g's screen tint is a disapointment being so ghastly yellow.

Could Apple fix this through a firmware update or is because of a manufacturing change and thus permanent?

There should be some app to change the screen temp.
  2. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    How yellow is yellow ? I have just had a look at mine, and it by no means yellow. Not even slightly. Turned it around in all sorts of light. Sun light, incandescent light, fluro lights... and i just cant get it to yellow tint... have you noticed this just on yours, or across all the ones you have viewed ?
  3. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

If I don't compare it to a 1g I forget for awhile. But if I look at a 1g.....OMG the 2g looks "dirty" compared to the crispness of the 1g's display.

My 3g iPhone is exactly the same as my 1g touch...why the f*** did Apple mess with something that IMO was PERFECT!
  4. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ?

Stupid Char
  5. claytonb

claytonb New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yellowish look ???

It may just be your's. I have a touch 2G and my wife got one also with no yellowish look but one does appear a little blueish compared to the other. I've seen about six of the 2G so far and they all appear to be slightly different. I thinks it's something to do with the way the hardware is set or adjusted. Cheers..
  6. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yes but did you put it under a yellow light?
  7. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I don't think it's possible to fix it through an update, it all has to do with the materials used to make the screen, Apple's "green" thing.
    But honestly it's not that noticable.
  8. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

No, there's reams of info about the 2g having a yellow tint to the screen.

Edit: If you've never used a 1g, you most likely would never know what your missing, but using a 1g and then going to a 2g the yellow cast is unmistakable.
  9. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    It's made for easier reading ...
  10. claytonb

claytonb New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    They are all different

I had an ipod Touch 1g and got an iphone 3G along with my Ipod Touch 2g and they all look different. No yellowish look. The Touch 1G was very blueish compared to the 2G. I ended up exchanging my 2G back sometime ago because the colors appeared to be washed out, kind of yellowish I guess. My replacement 2G is basically perfect (not too blueish or too yellowish). I've had several 2Gs beside each other and they all looked different. That was kind of strange but I came to a conclusion that a hardware component on the circuit board must be slightly adjusted differently from one unit to the next. The LCD screens are all the same and controlled by the main board. So basically, you may get one that's too blueish, too yellowish or just right. I know that the Iphone 3G had a lot of complaints about the screen appearing yellowish compared to the Touch 1G, I felt the 1G was too blueish. I hope this helps. Cheers!!