The #1 reason why you SHOULD upgrade to 1.1.3!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by silver99, Jan 16, 2008.

1. silver99

silver99 New Member

TV-Out Works with Regular Cables!!!

I bit the bullet and upgraded my Jailbroken 1.1.2 Ipod and purchased the $20 pack. And to my surprise the TV-Out finally works with regular RCA cables. I just used my old camcorder cable with 1/4" jack one side and the yellow, red, white on the other.

I plugged in the 1/4" jack into my Universal Dock and the Red cable to the Yellow jack on my TV (I'm not sure which is left and right but plugged in the remaining Yellow and White into the jacks).

Next I put in my Ipod Touch into the Dock and played a movie. Viola - works perfect off my old cable and the picture looks excellent.

For me it's worth the upgrade right now.
  2. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    NO WAY!!! I didnt even know that was one of the updates... I;m REALLY glad i bought it now... Definitely worth the 20...
  3. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Impressive, but I would take all the Jailbroken Apps over TV out to be honest, would rather have more games and emulators over a video out which I wouldn't even use because all the video I have on my iPod is on my PS3 and computer.
  4. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

Has anyone else verified this? All the reports I read were that the Touch required a special chip in a dock licensed from Apple to allow video output. Perhaps that is still the case for output that is better resolution than what composite video can provide.
  5. dfwmusicman

dfwmusicman New Member

Sounds great...that will be nice to have!
    FYI, the red cable is the right side of audio. Red=Right

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. silver99

silver99 New Member

Thanks but my Red cable went into the Yellow Jack for video (it was the only way it would work). I've also heard that S-Video will also work!!!
  7. whitepod

whitepod New Member

do you need to buy the 20 dollar pack for this to work?
  8. k.nitsua

k.nitsua Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    To trick people into buying APPLE-only RCA plugs... the iPod uses the red cable as video. Not sure if this is the case with the iPod Touch but it WAS the case with iPod Video.

Either way, this is great news to hear. I had all these accessories for TV out and was unable to use them with the iPod Touch. Now if there was a way to view Powerpoint presentations off the iPod Touch (and not just as a bunch of pictures) my life would be much easier at work and would only have to bring my iPod instead of my laptop to teach.

But I have to admit - as of right now, losing all my applications would not be worth the trade-off. I'll wait till 1.1.3 is jailbroken.
  9. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The problem with this is, if you even want the new apps...you can't get them...at the moment.

Bitter.
  10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Can anybody confirm this?