that kinda defeats the purpose of a wireless network....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, Jan 26, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you don't want the background, just skip to the second paragraph...

ok, I happen to go to a school with a tech director that is a communist when it comes to controling access to the internet. A few days ago I went to him asking for help on getting VNSea to run at school. He gave me some advice on punching a hole in my firewall. However, it turns out that he went behind my back and proceeded to close the only unsecured wireless network in the entire school. Needless to say, I was pissed. He had put a password on the only open network in the school. Supposedly, according to one of my science teachers (his room was the location of the last open network) he will not let kids access wireless internet in the school because the internet use agreement that had been signed at the beginning of the year had not covered wireless internet. Because there was no code of conduct for it, he decided to close it off. I have no idea when the rules will be amended to include something on wireless networks. I have heard rumors that they eventually plan to open up a school-wide wireless network that will be open to students.

Ok, here's the question. How do you obtain the password of the wireless network without waterboarding the administrator?
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can find WEP cracker's on the internet, your gonna need a laptop though.
  3. mnl831

mnl831 New Member

4. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok keep me posted. I only plan to use this to access the internet from remote places. The school has brick walls wo I would have to use one of the secured networks in the school. I'm not sure if the way its secured is with WEP or not. I have tried running something called Aircrack but I won't be able to get it to work until my ISP recovers fully from the recent outage that I had in my area. Some of the ports are still down, uncluding port 22. This prevents me from using SFTP. At least port 80 and port 5900 are open so I can access the internet and so that I can access my PC remotely. I plan to access my PC remotely from school but that of course is impossible without a wireless network.