That darned 1611

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cyberstoned, Jun 22, 2010.

1. cyberstoned

cyberstoned New Member

Alright, here's the deal...

I see TONs of those threads, really, and this isn't to add to it, but it will. I have a special case here.

Long story short - cannot restore. I have tried it all (Can't figure out the jailbreak thing and when I tried the blackra1n thig, I get an error for the .dll file. So I didn't do it.

Then I played he** trying to get it into DFU. Got it into it, tried to recover that way, only for it to tell me the firmware is not compatible. Trying iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore file. This is a G1 (16 gig) iPod I believe and it should work, correct?

When I tried with that, it gave me a 1601 error. So... my big question is... Now what?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

The following came from the error file:

2. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    this looks like its for the iphone according ti google

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...Y&ved=0CBIQvwUoAQ&q=3A109a ipod touch&spell=1

i evan specifically put ipod touch in... just use this website

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=iphone firmware downlaodp&aq=o&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

i know i spelt it wrong but its still one of those two links, i think the first one.

good luck! y back down to 1.x?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    now we got the..
    -BSD (Blue Screen of Death, powered or failed by Microsoft

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
    -SWD (Spinning Wheel of Death (old days of jailbreaking when the wheel would constantly spin forever till resore.
    -1611 (the new word on the street which means you temporarily bricked your iphone)

lol
  3. cyberstoned

cyberstoned New Member

I have no idea what firmware is supposed to be on it and I just want it out of recovery. I think after that, it would be alright, but it's getting it out of that mode that I am trying for.

Now i am doing the uninstall EVERYTHING Apple and reinstalling it (since I actually got a new code (1601), even though the touch is still going into recovery upon connection.

Figured I gotta start somewhere lol
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Alright! Got it down to a code (20) error...

-----------

Might I also add that iTunes wiped out my touchpad ini file... and I am not sure if I wanna try to reinstall the driver (since the computer is already quirky and it might lose the touchpad completely again...) -,- If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all... Will work on that on the morrow.