Thanks iPod touch Fans!!! - and question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 87gsxr711, Nov 6, 2009.

1. 87gsxr711

87gsxr711 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks to everyone here I was able to find all the info I needed to jailbreak my new (actually refurbished) 16 GB 2G IPT on 2.2.1 using redsn0w 0.3. I spent about a week gathering info/files and it took 10 minutes to jailbreak. You guys rock! Now I am spending my time here looking at the jailbreak app recommendatoins

Now the question

I was debating on updating to 3.1.2 and then using blackra1n, but there seemed to be a lot of people having troubles. Most of the trouble with 3.X seemed to be a few months back, but no one really came out and said all the issues were fixed with either new firmware or jailbreak apps. Since the touch is new I only have a handfull of apps and songs, so now would be the best time to update if that is what everyone here would suggest. Should I update and rejailbreak, or should I just be happy with 2.2.1?

Thanks for the help!
  2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    the upgrade is good because you have the search bar and ohter things. more compatible apps, etc.
  3. ginge.

ginge. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im runnin 3.1.2 - did a restore last night cos my tunes were all labeled incorrectly..
    blackra1n is the sh*t.

and as narwal said- its much more better with the newer updates.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I find my blackra1n 3.1.2 jailbreak more stable than older jbs on the 2* firmwares to be honest. The only thing to mention is that if you use SSH then make sure you install afc2add from Cydia to enable deeper filesystem viewing and also change your SSH password from 'alpine' to something else to secure your device.