Thanks alot 1.1.3(sarcasm)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by BadguinEater, Feb 2, 2008.

1. BadguinEater

BadguinEater New Member

So I recently installed 1.1.3 JB on my iPoT, it's been working fine.

Then I started listining to music. I was rockin' out to some Linkin Park (sue me) and my iPod shuts off. Reboot.......restore mode

WTF? I didn't even tell it to go into restore mode.
    I'm staying away from 1.1.3 until a complete stable version of JB comes out, 1.1.2 is much better.

Now of course I try going back to 1.1.1 but I get this error-1604.....ugh
  2. Delber

Delber New Member

Just restart the computer and the error goes away.
  3. BadguinEater

BadguinEater New Member

Didn't work...
  4. 996gt2

996gt2 New Member

Hmmm that's a strange error...my Jailbroken 1.1.3 works perfectly fine

Try resetting all your settings on the ipod through the settings menu. I think that was suggested by iPodtouchmaster if the music stopped working. If that doesn't work you might have to try the old 1.1.3 upgrade method involving a downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreaking on 1.1.1, and using ibrickr to get the soft image on the iPod. I find that this older method is more stable than iPodtouchmaster's new method of downloading the entire soft image through wifi.
  5. BadguinEater

BadguinEater New Member

The iPod is stuck in restore mode, and iTunes keeps getting an error when trying to restore.

Great software Apple
  6. tokin84

tokin84 New Member

So, I had a similar issue. Try running iNdependence with the iPod connected. It will give you an error because iNdependence is made for the iPhone, but it will eventually pull your iPod out of restore mode and then you can downgrade/etc back to something you're more comfortable. Although once I had used iNdependence, it worked fine for me.

You can get the software here: http://code.google.com/p/independence/

For PCs, I am unsure of the program, but I think it might be iBrickr (get the software here: http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr) but you might want to double check with someone else!

Good luck and let me know if it works for you!
  7. solyd

solyd New Member

Did you download the january update softwares off of Installer? That seems to be where all these restore problems are coming from. It happened to me a few times too, but then I jailbroke and just bought the apps and synced with iTunes, hasn't happened to me since.
  8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

did u try using iphuc and the typing in

cmd fsboot

works for me, so gl
  9. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

I don't like sarcasm, When you jailbreak, you should acknowledge the consequences. meaning if you fail you can't blame the one who taught you how to jailbreak. You have to keep trying. I failed twice, but in the long run, I finally jailbroke 1.1.3. All you need is patience.

try again
  10. skynex721

skynex721 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I agree. Seems like your blaming apple, but your the one that messed with their software. You should have known there might be some problems.