Thanking the iPhone Dev Team

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Danls92, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    EDIT: New rule. Any submission that is an actual handwritten note, scanned in will count as 2 submissions for the raffle. (yes, if you've already submitted one you can go back and make a new one)

UPDATE[/B]: There is now a bit more of an incentive to submit a Thank You. I will be accepting them until Saturday the 19th. I will then be going to camp for 4 weeks, but when I get back I will hold a little raffle with the people who submitted a message or picture. If you submit one, you get one entry into the raffle and if you get somebody to submit one and say that you referred them you will get another entry (the person who submitted it will also get one). I will allow each person to have up to 5 entries (you can't get more entries by submitting more than once).

Now that the "legal" stuff is out of the way, here are the prizes (I'm expecting more, so I'll add them as I find out about them):

- 2 iPod Touch near unscratchable coated backings provided by our very own Gold_Finger. He was generous enough to offer one gold back and one black back. If you haven't checked these out, they're very cool!

- I will personally gift somebody an album of their choice from iTunes (up to $10, hey I'm not made of money

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

- NEW PRIZE: BSE (Best Skins Ever) are donating a bunch of their iPod Touch Skins as prizes (I'll post the exact number soon)

Check back soon, because I have some high hopes for some more prizes!!!

----------------------------------------

While reading over the iPhone Dev Team's blog, I noticed this in one of their posts.

While they have not yet released the 2.0 iPod Touch jailbreak, I have no doubt in my mind that they will. Even without that, they have done so much to help the jailbreaking community.

My thought was that we, as a community, should thank them. The way I propose to do this is to ask every member here (or at least that reads this post

Please Register or Log in to view images

) to either write a note to them, scan it, and PM me a link to it on an image hosting site or to type up a little note. I will then organize them into one large file to send to them as a big thank you from the iPod Touch Fans community.

What do you guys think?

P.S. If you are doing this, please PM me rather than posting it here. It will make it much easier for me to manage.
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    is it okay if i type it and make it a picture? take a screenshot or something?
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'll whip something up in Photoshop or handwrite a note. I think it's the best we can do, considering no donations are accepted.
  4. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Perfectly alright. Anything will be fine.
  5. mikedavinci22

mikedavinci22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    use vnsea and write a note in paint!
  6. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Come on people, I've only gotten 2 so far! Show a little support for the iPhone Dev Team.
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I might do something.
  8. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  9. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't worry I am going to do it too. They totally deserve it =). I was actually going to donate instead of buying an iTunes giftcard, but this post has helped me even more. COUNT ME IN!

Btw, question: do you think a jailbreak/unlock for 2.0 will be available for Windows? Probably right?
  10. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thank you very much to the people who have responded. However, given that this thread has over 100 views and less than 10 responses, I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed in this community. Do you really care that little about the people who made all of this possible?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.