TextDrop iPhone?

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by moabal, May 4, 2009.

1. moabal

moabal New Member

We all remember Infinite SMS. It was a great simple application to send text messages on the iPhone/iPod Touch through google. However, google shut that API down. Now we are only stuck with TextFree which is good but very slow. I was snooping around other alternatives to free texting like AIM but I got a better idea for an application.

TextDrop is a service that sends text and receives texts. Maybe we could implement that into an iPhone application?

www.textdrop.com

Can this be done?

EDIT: This is an iphone website application. But maybe we can get it to work like InfiniteSMS did.
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, the thing about this website is that it uses email.

You can't receive responses within the application because you have to go to the Email App and respond there. Many people don't like that.
    Not to ruin your idea, but there are already applications that do the same thing.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I just use BeeJive IM if I feel like texting from my iPod.
  3. redman1

redman1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys i use touchtxt that i got from the appstore. It was like .99. I use it and it is free messages out and in. I love it because it actually works at my school with their wifi.
  4. moabal

moabal New Member

Umm dude.. you do know Touchtxt is just AIM service. Why would you pay 99 cents for that when you ca get it free? Plus the AIM SMS service blows.
  5. redman1

redman1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes i know this but my school thinks just because it is a blue ribbon school it has to block everything on the computers and and its wifi. I know it is great to have wifi at school but it has the same blocks as the desktops. For some reason aim on the internet is blocked but the app isn't. I don't know why its like that because several other apps are blocked that use the internet but i take full advantage of it. Highly worth it.
  6. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

its because what the app is connecting to thru wifi is not blocked at your school.... yet.
  7. redman1

redman1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Like i said the same blocks apply to wifi as it is on the desktops. It is weird that it blocks aim on the desktop and not the Ipod Touch. An example of the blocks is that tapulous is block on the desktops. When i play TTR 2 it blocks the online play and everything else on there that works on tapulous.
    Does that make it more clear?
  8. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

what I'm saying is that the AIM app on your iPod Touch is connecting to a special server that isn't blocked by your school. AIM on PC may be connecting to a different server address that is being blocked by the school. AIM on PC and AIM on iPod Touch may be connecting to different servers, but they both perform the same UI functions.