Text Messaging?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by blasteryui, Mar 29, 2008.

1. blasteryui

blasteryui New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys I was wandering if there way a way or application that would allow me to text message people's cell phones? So if I connect to a wireless router there is a VOIP application I can use to call people on the ipod touch, now is there a text messaging one? I figured there would be?
  2. tomqman

tomqman Member

3. blasteryui

blasteryui New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    u can text with mail all u do is type: 10 digit number@teleflip.com and send your message,

or u can use Mobile Chat to do which is the most easiest the only thing u need to do is type"

+1(10 Digit Number) and ure done

or u can use an app called SkySms which is very similar to sip-VoIp in which u have to sign up to an account to send message but u only can send 5 per account, so with that being said i reccommend u use one of the first 2
  5. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

thatd be cool...
  6. blasteryui

blasteryui New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is there something I can use to receive and send Txt Msg's ?
  7. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    u can receive text on all of those but if u want to know if u can send text messages that come from your number then thats not possible.
  8. blasteryui

blasteryui New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay can you explain how to use mobile chat or what not, so I can receive and send msgs.
  9. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    when u want to text someone just type "+1(10 digit number)" without quotations and perenthesis then when u recieve a message it will send to your aim account,yahoo etc. depends on what ure using

"note downside is the number that come to the persons phone will be like 5 digit number for instance it may be like 57843, so since its a 5 digit number it can't be store in their phone

so if u want the person to be able to store it in your phone, texting from the mail.app is your best bet because the person will be able to store your email in their phone so that when u text them your name will show up on their phone, butt the thing i don;t like with mail is that it may take a while for the person to receive your message, but when sending with mobile chat its instant.
  10. blasteryui

blasteryui New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Uhm, but how do I text someone on my ipod touch? Like where do I go to and stuff... yeahhh?