Text Messaging Without Email

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by groptard, Feb 25, 2008.

1. groptard

groptard New Member

the best way, i have found to text message people is by simply adding the desired textee's phone number to your buddies list with the a "+1" before it. so if you wanted to text the number 555-5555 you would add a buddy named +15555555

after adding the buddy, change the nickname to the textee's name, and with something to let you know its their cell, such as a "c"

this method is obviously compatible with mobile chat, apollo, meebo.com, and iphone.beejive.com. i use beejive as it allows you to add buddies, and it has the cleanest interface.

if this helps, lemme know.
  2. hockeypanda32

hockeypanda32 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How do they reply?
  3. disco_pimp88

disco_pimp88 New Member

This is not working for me. The number would be (902) 444-5566 and i would put +19024445566. And i would send it. And a green bubble comes up saying ur im has been sent althogh i can't reply. And i would look on my cell and there is no messege! And i tried with no area code and it still doesn't work!
  4. groptard

groptard New Member

it goes to tehm as a normal text message. they reply as if another cellphone sent it.
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Try it with a country code.
  6. groptard

groptard New Member

discopimp: im not really sure waht to say, this has always worked for me. just double check you have the number correct. try it with this number, its mine:

+12063065189

i checked this area code, and its in nova scotia, prince edward island(u probably know that since its ur own area code) so try the different region/country code too. other than tat im not really sure.
  7. bloot

bloot New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sometime AIM will add the extra numbers in automatically so all you would have to put would be " 9024445566". And you could also have possibly requested that AIM messages not be received on your phone, one of the first times you receive and AIM message it gives you the option to deny them.