text free "unlimited"?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrfajita, Apr 15, 2009.

1. mrfajita

mrfajita New Member

So I have text free unlimited, latest version because it kept bugging me to update. just now it says i have reached my limit of free texts for today.
    what the hell? unlimited? I paid 5 bucks for this?
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Stop using these texting apps, they all send messages over wifi.

You can do this using the mail app with virtually no setup for FREE, just look up SMS gateway on youtube and youll see what you need.

By using an email account to send txt messages, it means your sender address never changes so people have a reliable address to respond to
  3. Hawk47Kat45

Hawk47Kat45 New Member

Yeah seriously.

Same thing here. What the hell?
  4. locustcox

locustcox New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually, you didn't pay five bucks for it. You have the cracked version, and there is a way to get around it, but I don't want to support use of cracked apps. Go pay for it and you won't have any problems. I have the paid version and it works fantastic.
  5. peepingmike

peepingmike Member

Do all services accept everyone's text messages?

My verizon contatcs get the messages but there's a few others who aren't verizon thet never get them.
  6. locustcox

locustcox New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, so far from my experience. Verizon and AT&T work fine, I haven't tried any other services. What happened in mrfajita's case was that pinger detected that the app was jailbroken, so it simply gave it the same service as textfree lite. If he pays for the full version, it will give him the full service, instead of limiting him to 15 texts per day.
  7. djwindsor

djwindsor New Member

Text Free on Jailbreak

The people that actually buy the software from the APP store but have a jailbroken phone may be screwed. Is that what you're saying? I use the lite version because I don't text too often. That 15 limit in conjunction with my monthly 200 at&t limit is adequate for me. Otherwise you can alway use AIM for SMS. Works great! Now PINGER is charging 5.99 for a year. People that bought the APP before 6/17/2009 have the APP free unlimited for life.
  8. wilts

wilts New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have seen several posts like this

just pay please

or use many of the free online browser ones available you cheapskate