tethered to untethered? mc model to non-mc?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BulletForMyV, Jul 23, 2010.

1. BulletForMyV

BulletForMyV New Member

topic. please help me find out how to change them. i have a tethered mc model ipod touch 2g
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    what firmware are you on?
    and if you mean going from mc to non-mc then you cant w/o buying another ipod (older model)
  3. shamrock

shamrock Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you cant change tethered untethered, mc to non mc. mc model represents a higher baseband, which is a hardware issue that can not be edited.
  4. BulletForMyV

BulletForMyV New Member

I updated to 4.0 because apps were auto exiting and according to my research that was the only way to fix that. my orginal firmware was 3.1.3 and i would like to go back to that. I'm trying to rejailbreak without having to rejb it everytime i restart it. anyone know a way i can downgrade it? everytime i've tried using guides on here i get the error code 6032 (it's something like that)
  5. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    you can use a regular iPod_2,1 3.1.3 IPSW to restore. Use Spirit to have an untethered jailbreak. Just understand that you'll have to completely uninstall iTunes 9.2 and install 9.1 to use Spirit.
  6. BulletForMyV

BulletForMyV New Member

ive tried restoring using a 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 ipsw but i get the error code. how do i downgrade itunes to 9.1?