Tethered/NOR/Recovery mode headache: someone help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Coldplay39, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Coldplay39

Coldplay39 New Member

Hey, recently I created a firmware with Untetherizer for Mac (NOR only, don't wanna lose everything).

And my headaches begin.

Not only did the automated Mac script from the tethered tutorial fail to boot my iPod (stuck at the last white screen before the Apple logo appears) a few times, now when it gets passed that step the Apple logo appears for just 2 seconds before the "Connect to iTunes" screen pops up.

This is very frustrating, as now when I connect to iTunes and I try to restore from the NOR firmware generated by Untetherizer, and error occurs when it begins loading the firmware onto the iPod (16 I think).

Plus, whenever I click "start dfu" button from Untetherizer with the iPod in DFU mode, it'll give me a Terminal connection error (-69) (?) and stop the Terminal script it had initiated.

What do I do now? I don't know where to go, I googled a bit and didn't find much that was of help.

I'm on a Mac, 10.5.6, libusb installed, and yes I tried the 10.5.5 driver with no success.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. austen

austen New Member

3. Coldplay39

Coldplay39 New Member

I tried VMWare, redt00l with NOR only capability, it fails to even recognize my device in DFU mode even if VMWare tells me an "Apple Mobile Device (DFU)" is plugged in.

I tried in Boot Camp too, no dice. Don't even know how to boot an iPod Touch from Windows, I just use the automated script.

Please Register or Log in to view images