Tethered Jailbreak Question!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipNinja, Dec 9, 2009.

1. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Guys i am gettimg my iphone 3gs on friday from orange, if it is the new boot rom which i expect it will be. does it mean that should my battery die with the jailbreak on it and i jailbreak it again i will lose all my jailborken apps / config?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You will need to run blackra1n and 'make it ra1n' again, but you won't lost any data. It'll be as if you just rebooted it.
  3. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Nice one i thought has much. what do you think the liekly hood is off getting the new boot rom?

considering Orange have not been selling th eiphone for long?

Also is there anyway to tell other than making it ra1n and rebooting?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I think the chances are pretty high that you get one with the new bootrom since they started being shipped out around September-October. But then again, you never know, you might get one with the old one. And I'm not sure, I think the only way is to jailbreak and reboot it.
  5. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Again thank you, will wait untill Friday i guess. Unless it turns up tomorrow! that would be all kinds of EPIC!
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

7. Well, I use blackra1n too, and it's tethered. But wait untill Chronic Dev releases (they've already finished developing it) greenpois0n, which will be untethered for all iDevices, all generations...at least up to 4G, I guess...