Tethered jailbreak gone wrong please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ajh999, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ajh999

ajh999 New Member

Hey... I GOT A SERIOUS PROBLEM :S
    I jailbroke my 2g i pod touch (tethered jailbreak that is). All went well, except one day, my home button stopped working and i couldnt get out of the application i was in... so I gave it to my friend to see what was wrong with it and he turned it completely off. So I said ok, ill jsut reboot it when i get back home... but here is where it all went wrong; I come back home only to see that my computer crashed (and this happened 3 times before so I know that everything on the computer will be gone). So now Im screwed because I jailbroke the ipod on that computer, and I cant reboot it using some other computer for some reason.

So, can anyone please help me?!?!?! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!

Also, if there is no solution to this, do you think I should go to the apple store and ask them to help me, or is it a bad idea?
  2. ipodtouchfan101

ipodtouchfan101 Member

try restoring on another computer and re-jailbreak using an untethered method
  3. Yoyo987454

Yoyo987454 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why did you do tethered??

theres an untethered version...
  4. Allekks

Allekks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe He Jailbroke Before The Untethered Release.
    Be Nice xD
  5. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If your home button is broken, then you should just attempt to restore if at all possible, on a different computer, or get into DFU mode (but is you're home button really broken, or not responding?), and boot it, and go back to a nonjailbroken state. Very simple. Or send it back to Apple, who won't be able to tell anything about it, since they can't turn it on either without putting it into DFU mode, which they can't without the Home button.
  6. stickman1000000

stickman1000000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if your home button is broken then you in the sh*ts!

to boot ur ipod u need to go into dfu and u cant do that without a home button
  7. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Do you HAVE to be in DFU mode to restore from a Jailbroken state, to the orginal firmware?

Maby he could try not in DFU?
  8. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had this happen to me, where the home button doesnt work, and i was seriously worried... but a reboot and it went away. Hasn't happened again. And no, I have no idea why it happened, either. It actually made it where the power button would only put it to sleep, too, and it wouldnt power down. Luckily it was close to a dead batt. and i let it run dead, plugged it in to charge and rebooted. I was tethered when this happened, so if you can get it working again, i suggest going untethered with redsnow 0.3 beta, but you need to restore to stock apple firmware before you do and yes, that means losing all your data. between aptbackup and the backup feature in itunes, tho, you can get back to normal pretty quickly. Of course, unless you already had aptbackup, that's a moot point.
    Everyone says taking a jb'ed ipod to apple is okay cuz they never check, but i find that hard to believe. then again, if they cant get it to boot, then they won't have a chance to check... and apple's pretty good about replacing broke stuff, so you MIGHT get away with it.
    Did you clean the screen off and get water down in the button? When i clean my screen I'm very careful not to pass over the home button with the damp towel.
    When i first got my ipod, it went thru a phase where the home button didnt respond right away. This was before redsn0w, so it wasn't jb'ed. It pissed me off royally, but it eventually got better. What I'm saying is, it might be a fluke. I would avoid taking a jailbroken iPod to the apple store unless you're prepared to lose the first one and not get a replacement.
  9. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you power on normally with a tethered JB, the "LLB will not find a valid iBoot and fall back into a pseudo-DFU mode" (as chronicdev said on the Google Code). Maybe restore from there?