tethered iPod requires iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by t3heford, Feb 3, 2009.

1. t3heford

t3heford New Member

After I jailbroke I tried to restore my ipod, but it could never complete because it reboots halfway through and I'd need to enter the terminal commands to make it boot.

I got frustrated and tried to go through all the steps to jailbreak it again. Everything went well until I had to restore using the pwnd ipsw with itunes - the ipod will connect but the progress bar never shows up and itunes is forever "preparing ipod for restore".

This was going nowhere so I tried to just start up the ipod through the terminal by transferring the .img3 file and it loaded BUT it had the connect the ipod to itunes usb screen. So I did and it asks me to restore, but once again, itunes hangs and the progress bar never shows up.

What do I do?
  2. Moose_

Moose_ New Member

It's normal for it to say preparing iPod for a long while... mine said it for at least 10 minutes.
  3. t3heford

t3heford New Member

Well it does say preparing for a long while but eventually the iPod turns off (after about 10 minutes) and itunes gives this message when it loses connectivity:
    "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (2005)."
  4. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Unplug your iPod for 1 minute.
    Plug it back in.

Make sure your iPod is off.
    Put your iPod into DFU.

Send the normal iBSS commands, followed by the Redsn0w command. DO NOT send iBoot.

Then try restoring.
  5. t3heford

t3heford New Member

I put in the commands as if redsn0w was installed and i was rebooting (everything but iboot). I opened itunes with the ipod connected with a white screen. Selected restore with pwn'd ipsw, and itunes gives me an error with the error code 2001. Any suggestions?

Edit:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139778

I fixed it!
    Steps:
    -Restarted Computer
    -Reinstalled iTunes
    -DFU ipod
    -Open itunes
    -Restore from 2.1.1 update ipsw file
    -Fix!