Tether Motorola Droid to iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JakobKuki, Feb 8, 2010.

1. JakobKuki

JakobKuki New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have often seen the age old question, "how do I get my phone's internet on to my ipod touch?". Usually the person in need of the solution thinks of a fancy cord that plugs into the phone from the ipod. This tether is completley wireless!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED!
    1. Motorolla Droid w/ a ROM that has wifi tethering on it. I recommend the Bugless Beast ROM found here. (credits to Matt3hw)
    2.Make sure on your DROID that you have the wifi tethering app. If you are using BB (Bugless Beast) the app will not defaultly be installed. You can get the .apk here
    3. Have an iPod Touch any Gen on any firmware.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Once you have installed your ROM and your WifiTetehr.apk ( If you don't know how to install .apk's search market- apps installer put .apk on your SD card, browse to it and install), open up your wifi tether app.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now Launch the wifi tether app. You may edit your wifi settings network settings by pressing menu key - setup.

After you have selected your droid settings, go over to your iPod Touch.

Go to settings - wifi - your SSID of the droid. Im not sure what the default is but I changed my to DROID

There you go, you now have internet on your iPod Touch from your motorolla droid. Make sure you have an unlimited data plan on your phone if you are using your iPod on the wifi alot. Not sure about battery consumption on the droid. I AM NOT responsible for any damage to the devices used in this process. It also may take a few seconds for the iPod to connect to the phone. If it will not work reboot the devices, turn wifi tether on and off... resetting the wifi tether on and off usually works. Acess control on the tether app won't allow the iPod to connect right. This will work for PSP's, Computers, Wifi devices etc... CREDITS to all developers of the ROMS and apps and writers of the tutorials used in this tutorial.
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i have this. i'm on bb, but i'm going to switch over to sholes, it looks very promising.
    anyway thanks for helping others out.
    i'm kind of afraid to use it though, because i really dont want to get caugh, and i use a lot of data, so if they were to look at accounts with a lot of data, mine would probably be one of them
  3. JakobKuki

JakobKuki New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All they can do is send you a bandwith warning I think. They cannot actually tell if you tether or not. I like to do this with my friends ipods though so they can get on youtube at school.. pretty sneaky
  4. JakobKuki

JakobKuki New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  5. Young Katbodi

Young Katbodi Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There is 8k views and 3 replies wow this is pathetic. Nice job mate your really gonna help some people.
  6. moshy

moshy New Member

does it work with a phone running on android 1.6?
  7. thekwlman11

thekwlman11 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's a froyo (2.2) only feature
  8. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    False! Official tethering is 2.2 only, but this will work on older versions. It works on 1.1+
  9. JakobKuki

JakobKuki New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, hahahah if my droid werent stolen... D:
  10. moshy

moshy New Member

Great! Thanks for the confirmation. Will try this out once Google fix the Android Market.