Tether ipod touch to blackberry?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rheostaticsfan, Sep 3, 2010.

1. rheostaticsfan

rheostaticsfan New Member

I did do a search and am not clear on what I read.

I have a BB curve 8900 provided by my employer. I have a new ipod touch on pre-order (my first apple device).

I see theres something called ibluever...do I understand correctly that to use it must jailbreak my ipod? And that to do so will void my warranty?

Since I don't even have it yet, I'm reluctant to void my warranty. Is there any approved way to tether the ipod to the blackberry 8900? I could probably also get my employer to upgrade me to the 9700 if that would make things easier...
  2. jordor07

jordor07 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I dont know about the blackberry thing, but you must jailbreak to get ibluever (which i also dont know what it is)

and jailbreaking will void your warrenty, but if you go in itunes and click restore, it will reset, deleting all your data, and will leave no trace of jailbreaking.

However, your new iPod touch will come on 4.1, which cannot be jailbroken (yet)
  3. ASiDiE

ASiDiE Member

I use Ibluever with my JB 2nd gen with 3.1.2 on it with my BB 8350. It's going to suck when I get my new ipod... but is what it is. This is the only software that does this (as far as I know)
  4. sangahm

sangahm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I also use ibluever with a JB 2g on 3.1.2 and a BB 8520 on TMobile. This is an amazing app to allow me to always be connected. This software and using Navigon GPS, makes me so glad to have a jb device!