terminal vt-100 help please

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by shortguy088, Apr 15, 2008.

1. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

everytime i open up terminal it asks for a password. so i type alpine and it says login incorrect then it will say login: so i type root and then hit enter and it asks for password again so i type alpine but it does the samething again. i have bsd subsystem terminal fix installed and suid fix. is there another password or something? am on 1.1.4 and i had to re-jailbreak today and i havent had a problem with this before
  2. quark

quark New Member

yeah very weird that, if you install the official terminal (ver 207) it should work fine.
    i noticed there were a few terminals available via my installer all of which did exactly what you describe above on 1.4 (ziphone 3)
    look in your source list for: the official vt100 terminal emulator for the iphone, direct from mobileterminal.googlecode.com
  3. mkkuntz8

mkkuntz8 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    same thing happened to me. It was working fine for me untill I had to rejailbreak it and since then it hasn't been the same way you said. I also have the 207 version.
  4. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

thats the one that i have
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

look in installer for SUID fix. I dont remember the repo, it may be a community source. anyway it fixed it so alpine is the password (and root is the username)
  6. mkkuntz8

mkkuntz8 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is there a manual suid fix for this because I get the error halfway through the download?
  7. jjj651

jjj651 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try to reinstall installer and then try again.